Chapter 17: Be Happy

I stood with Dorian in the driver's cab entertaining Norman. Dorian had started driving at one point to give him a break, but now Norman was back in his seat.

"We're almost there," Dorian pointed to a beautiful grande castle in the distance. So this is the kingdom of Yaro, it was stunning. Compared to the chaos at home, this land felt so happy and free.

"I'm going to tell Adeline the good news," I said before heading back to Adeline's car in the middle of the train.

Both Mathew and Adeline's heads shot up as I opened their car's door. She was looking better.

"We're almost there, we just need another five to ten minutes," I said as I was told. A small smile took over my friend's face as she looked at Mathew with hope.

"Aris is almost free," she said lightly. How hard must it be to have the faith of the whole kingdom on your shoulders? She was just a girl.

I sat with them for a bit trying to distract Adeline. "What is the kingdom of Yaro like?"

"I've been to a few balls when I was younger. It's much like our kingdom. The king and queen are both healthy with three boys. I use to be envious of the boys growing up. They had both their parents to take care of them. One of them, prince Rowan, he used to bully me when we were children. I haven't seen him in a few years, he leads the king's armies now. I guess he grew up. The oldest, Nathaniel, always follows his father, he is next in line to the throne. Rowan and I use to call him boring. I've yet to meet the youngest, I think he is a young teenager now," she explained. Good good, this was a good distraction.

"Tell me more about this Prince Rowan?" I asked curiously. "You seemed like friends?"

Adeline scoffed. "Hardly. He was a immature jerk turned womanizer."

I almost cringed on his behalf. "That bad?"

"You don't even know the half of it. He was such an evil child, he made fun of me all the time, pulled my hair, and ruined my dresses. Whenever I would cry to my grandmother that little devil would act as if he was some little angel," she furrowed her brows in anger at the memory. "Brat."

Mathew and I looked at each other before bursting into laughter. I'd hate to get on her bad side. Rowan better have changed or else he's going to have to have eyes on the back of his head with the rage Adeline had towards him.

"If it makes you feel any better, I will beat him up for you when we get to the castle?" Mathew tried.

It was Adeline's turn to laugh. "Please, you couldn't hurt a fly if you tried."

Mathew slumped his shoulders sinking into his seat sulking. Adeline petted the top of his head. "There there, the thought still counts."

Mathew gave her a wide grin. "Yes, I will give my life if I get to see you happy."

"Don't speak like that," Adeline frowned taking his hand in hers. He looked at their hands together before sighing. Poor Mathew.

The train had come to a stop. We waited a few moments until the outside door opened. Dorian stood on the other side with Norman. There stood an army outside waiting for us too.

Adeline got out first as everyone bowed to her respectfully. I came out after her followed by Mathew. A man stood there, but not in guards' uniform.

"Queen Adeline, it is a pleasure to see you once more," said the man. Judging from the way he dressed, he had to be wealthy... Maybe even a prince. He seemed a few years older than us. Maybe a year or two older than Dorian.

"Prince Nathaniel, looking like a king already," she smiled. So he was the oldest son, and since she smiled then I'm sure it isn't Rowan.

"Come now, my family is waiting your arrival," he smiled kindly.