Chapter 7: It exists

Today we were set out to discover our talents. Every queen had to stand out in one way or another. Imogen separated us into three groups of five to make the process easier. Luckily, both Harriett and Adeline were in my group as well as two other girls. We were to be tested musically, intellectually, artistically, among other things as well. I failed miserably at singing and playing an instrument, I had no music bone in my body. Adeline, on the other hand, had been playing the piano her whole life as she was the princess, but when it came to singing she was beyond average. Harriette to my surprise had a lovely voice and had found her area of talent and stayed there. Adeline got excited when we moved on the intellectual portion and stayed there with Mathew. I was left alone with the two other girls to find our talents, they weren't so friendly. We moved on to the artistic portion. One of them was great at painting. We tried different types of talents. I found out I have a really good eye when I was flower arranging. They tried to test me in different talents in that area. When we entered the kitchen I knew good things were about to happen. I saw the chef who offered me cookies last time and smiled brightly at him. His face looked surprise, I hope he didn't I think I was going to ignore him. This man helped one of my wishes come true.

They led me to a cake and asked me to decorate it. Oh lord, this is my area! I took the appropriate flowers and placed them artfully on the cake. I used several of the tools to create unique and simple designs on the cake. I looked at the chef for approval and he looked thrilled.

He turned to Imogen with a wide smile on his face. "I would love to work with someone as talented as Lady Liana."

I almost had a heart attack. Did I hear correctly?

Imogen nodded her head before turning to me. "Is this the talent department you wish to stay in?"

There was no thinking about it. "It would be an honor to learn from the chef."

"Very well, you are expected to come here every two days after lunch. Is that clear?" she asked.

"Yes Maam," I said quietly fearing Imogen.

She left with the remaining girl on her tail as I stayed in the kitchen.

"I can't wait to learn from you Chef," I beamed. I really was excited. Working with food? That is all but a dream.

The chef threw his head back and let out a joyful laugh. "You can call me Francis, Lady Liana."

He remembered my name! I think I really will like this man. I couldn't help but smile at my new friend. "Then you can call me Liana, why formalities between friends?"

Francis seemed to like the sound of that because he was letting out his deep joyful laugh. "Come on my friend, let me introduce you to the team. Maybe we can sneak you some cake."

I was going to cry from happiness. I think I just found heaven.

***

After meeting the kitchen team and learning some of the basics, my time with them was up. I was told by a maid that I had an hour to go to by room and get ready for the plans for the rest of the day. I took a shower cleaning myself from the kitchen before dressing myself in a light pink dress and braiding a crown on top of my hair. A maid knocked on my door as I gathered with the rest of the girls outside. I found Adeline quickly before we both looked for Harriet. She was talking to a girl named Gemma. Harriet noticed us and said something to Gemma before coming to us. She looked sort of down.

"What's is wrong?" I asked her as we started following Imogen to whatever she had planned for us next.

"You mean you haven't noticed?" she asked motioning around us. I looked around and noticed something was off. There were fewer girls.