You tell him your giving up on your relationship - Part 2

Liam:"Sweetie, wake up," you groan as your mother shakes your shoulder gently, pulling the duvet further over your head. "No," you whine, aching all over, just desperate to stay asleep, "Too early,". Just then your mum pulls back the duvet so it's gathered just over your feet, and your arms fly up to protect your eyes from the sudden brightness, "Now love, there's someone here to see you,". "Who?" you groan, still not quite awake, and you scoff as she walks out of the room without answering. You roll out of bed, slipping on one slipper and kneeling down by the bed, searching for the other when a cough makes you jump and look over at the door quickly. Liam is stood in the doorway, and he points to a spot behind you, "Your slippers there,". You grab it quickly, sliding it on before straightening the bed covers out a little, "What are you doing here Liam?". "You didn't honestly think you could just leave it at that - without us even talking?" he catches your wrist gently, and you turn your attention away from the duvet and to his face, "It's not exactly what I was expecting to come home to,". You sigh, sitting down on the bed and resting your chin on your hands as Liam walks across the room to close the door before sitting down beside you. "I explained it all in that letter," you look at him and he raises an eyebrow, "Ok, so maybe not in tons of detail, but everything was there. I can't do this Liam, the distance thing - not right now anyway, I have stuff going on and I just - it's hard," you stress the last word for emphasis. He nods slowly, and he reaches out to hold your hand, and even though you know you should pull away, you can't bring yourself to, "I know, and I want to be there more, I really do, for you, for everything, but -". You cut him off, "I'm not asking you to stop Liam, I never would. You're amazing at what you do," you smile slightly, "I just, this isn't working. Not right now anyway,". "I don't want us to be over though," he whispers, and his voice sounds desperate, "I love you. Can we just, I don't know, have a break? I'm not saying you have to wait for me or something," he hastily adds, "And if you really wanted to see someone else, well I wouldn't like it, but thats your choice. I just don't want to see this as completely done and over with,". You smile, squeezing his hand, feeling more content at his words, "I feel the same, a break it is then,". The two of you sit in your room a while longer, catching up, and when it's time for Liam to leave you lean against the doorway, waving him off. He looks back over his shoulder and waves, and you call after him, "Go show them what you're made of babe!".

Zayn:It'd been a fortnight since you'd walked out on Zayn, walked out on that life, and you'd never been more miserable. Break-ups were hard anyway, made even more difficult when his face was constantly on the TV, his voice constantly on the radio. So here you were, another day lounging around your parents house feeling sorry for yourself, when the programme changed on the TV. "And it looks as if tonight might be the third show in two weeks that One Direction's Zayn Malik will be missing," your ears prick up at the sound of the news reporters words, "Many are saying this lack of interest comes after splitting up from his long term girlfriend (Y/N) - it's a shame, I always thought they looked good together!". You scoff as you get to your feet, pulling a jacket over your comfies, not even caring about what kind of state you looked - you had to go see Zayn, there was no way you would let him risk his career over this. You unlock the apartment door - you'd kept your key - and are greeted by a shout from Zayn, "Leave me alone?". You can't help as your eyes drift over the scene, Zayn sat with his duvet on the settee staring at the TV screen, and you chuckle, "Can't say this scene looks much different than in my parents living room,". His head shoots round to look at you, his eyes wide as he gasps, "(Y/N)!". You smile genuinely for the first time since the split, just seeing Zayn in person made you feel so much better, "Why are you missing shows?". His shoulders slump, but he doesn't take his eyes off you as you walk around to sit beside him on the settee, "Don't remind me - I hate letting the fans down,". "Well then do them," you stress, shaking your head slightly, "They'll help you feel better,". He stares down into his lap for a moment, his voice breaking as he speaks, "I've missed you so much (Y/N),". You can feel a tear leak from your eye at his comment, as you whisper back, "I've missed you too,". He looks up, and the second your eyes meet you fall into eachother, arms wrapping tightly around one another, not wanting to let go. "Come back," he whispers into your hair, and you feel yourself nodding. "If we're doing this Zayn, we're doing it properly, or not at all," you insist, pulling back to look at his face. He nods roughly before pulling you back in for a kiss.