You're together and he finds out you sent his ex-girlfriend hate - part 2

Zayn:"No I haven't heard from him," you sigh into the phone hearing Niall's reply, "Is everything ok (Y/N)?". "What?" you ask distractedly, "Oh, we just had a bit of a fight and...". You cut off as Niall laughs slightly on the line before reassuring you, "I've got to get off now, but don't worry. You and Zayn are like a power couple, you'll sort things out in no time. He'll be home soon,". Throwing down the phone you collapse onto the settee, hiding your face in your hands, thoughts whirring through your mind. Was this it? The end of your's and Zayns relationship because of one stupid tweet you should never have sent in the first place? You sit bolt upright as you hear the front door open, "Zayn!". He mumbles a reply, heading straight towards the bedroom, but you jump up, rushing over to his side. "Zayn, please. I'm so sorry. Let me explain?" you beg, holding onto his arm gently, as he turns to face you, eyebrow raised. You gulp, "Ok, so I don't know how to explain, it was horrible and I was an idiot for ever saying it. But please, you have to believe me when I say i'm a completely different person to what I was then, a better person. You know me. People change," your gaze falls to his hands, one of his knuckles bruised and bloody, "Oh my god Zayn what have you done?". You reach out to hold his hand, but he flinches away, "(Y/N) just leave it alright?" he snaps. You grab his arm and pull him into the bathroom, turning on the tap, "No Zayn. You can shout at me and dump me in a minute, but please let me sort this out before it gets infected ok?". He nods slowly, and sits on the toilet seat quietly, watching you intently as you carefully tend to his wounds. As you finish wrapping the bandage around his knuckle, you take a step back, ready to accept your fate, but he surprises you by wrapping his arms around you tightly and kissing your head. You feel the tears escape from your eyes as you nuzzle your face into his neck as you mumble a continuous flow of apologies. "Shh," he soothes, stroking your hair, "I know you, and I know you're nothing like that... I love you,".

Niall:"Niall!" you shout after him, chasing him out of the shop and pulling your hood up against the rain, "Please talk to me,". "About what (Y/N)?" he shouts as he turns around, and you freeze in shock, "I don't even know what to think right now! I can't believe you'd say anything like that! But you did!". "It didn't mean anything, I promise," you plead, reaching out for his hand but he pulls it away. "Well why did you put them then?" he stares down at you, wet hair falling onto his fringe, "Because Heidi was supposed to know that it was all a joke? That you didn't really mean it? That you were just jealous?". You flinch backwards at his words, tears beginning to join the raindrops already falling on your face, and you whisper, "They were horrible, cruel, and I feel so bad - but I was never jealous because never did I imagine i'd even meet you never mind go out with you,". He shakes his head roughly, pulling his fingers through his wet hair, "I don't even know what to think anymore. Never in a million years would I imagine i'd hear something like that from you, I just -" he turns around, wandering off his hands still in his hair. You stay frozen in place as you shout after his retreating figure, "Doesn't that tell you something? I'm not the same person Niall. That was years ago - thats not me anymore!". It was your last hope, the last string holding on to the relationship, but you knew it was true. He pauses for a moment, turning back to look at you before walking off. You're not sure how you made it home - the storm only got worse and your tears only made it that much harder to see - but home is where you made it eventually. "(Y/N)," you hear Niall sigh as you walk into the apartment, standing up, "Where've you been?". You shrug, walking past him and into the bedroom, reaching under the bed for a suitcase. "What are you doing?" he worries, following you anxiously, "You need to get out of those clothes, you'll get ill,". "I'm just going Niall, don't make this harder than it needs to be," you reply numbly, moving towards the wardrobe, "I'll be as quick as I can,". He jumps in front of you, blocking your way, "Where are you going?". Your voice cracks as you try to explain, "I can't stay Niall, not now. Not knowing that you're never going to be able to look at me the same because of some stupid mistake I made before I met you,". He reaches his hands up to hold your face, tilting it up to look at him, and you can see he's frowning slightly, "I'm not happy about it... But I love you and I don't want you to leave, we can sort this out, if you want to?". You nod desperately, tears starting to fall again as you lean into his embrace numbly.