Chapter 23 Just a kiss

Começar do início

Edward looks at him, and by the look on his face he reads his mind, before stiffening. I look at them more fiercely now, before Edward turns to me.

"Renesmee isn't in Florida. She never was. She's been kidnapped by someone" he explains, before disappearing in a blur of speed. Jacob is gone as well. I turn back to the group, and see that they all have the same look of terror in their eyes that I know I have as well. I see that Emmett has moved closer to me, and he takes my hand.

"Come on in, and we'll have some wine. I'll make it" Emmett offers, and the others nod fervently, before we head inside. I follow at the back of the ling because Renesmee is possessing my mind. She came with me on my little crusade, and we became really close. She's missing, and something really bad could happen to her. A single tears slips down my cheek, as I follow the others through the door, closing the door behind me. Everyone is standing in the midst of the large living room, so I cross the room, and plop down on the couch.

I'm just leaning back, when Edward rushes through the door. He looks at me with a defeated expression, before crossing the room to sit beside me.

"I thought for sure that you'd be there already, what happened?" I ask, and he looks at me with anger, and sadness. I reach up, and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"She's being protected against any vampires, so I cannot go along with him to save her. I'm here to be useless, while my daughter could be dead" he says, his voice climbing with every word.

"It's not your fault. You are an amazing person, and a wonderful father" I tell him, my voice cracking on the word father. He seems to hear my words, but he's still upset. I lean over, and wrap an arm around his waist, and lean into him comfortingly. After a moment, he breaks away, and we look into the faces of our friends, as they stand around with looks of fear on their faces. Emmett motions for me to follow him, as he slips away to the stairs. I spring to my feet, and follow him wordlessly out of the living room.

He's waiting just around the corner on the second floor, and he pounces on me with a soft chuckle. We topple to the floor, and he crouches before me, just before he pounces upon me. His lips find mine, and he presses them gently against mine. I kiss him back fiercely, and even though it's just a kiss, and we have so many things surrounding us, and looming over us like constant danger before us; in this moment we are fine, and we are in love. The thought pleases me, as I lean in to kiss him once more.

We may have all the people in the world against us, and no reason to smile, but as long as I have him, and he continues to kiss me with such love; I will always smile, and I will always smile. I will always be thankful and happy to have Emmett in my life, until the very end, and until I have no life left in me. He will continue to be my everything, as long as we're together, and as long as one of us exists. It's going to be something that could evolve into something so big that it exists outside of time itself, and it will have no borders.

I finally break away from him, and we look around. I lean my head on his chest, as we roll over to our sides. He falls back onto his back, and I lay there next to him. The hall slowly grows darker, as we silently lie there together, just enjoying the intimacy of the moment. After another few minutes, the sunlight is gone, and we are covered in the shadows of the cool dusk that has fallen over us like a thick blanket of shadowy darkness. I look over at him, his eyes glowing in the dark. He closes his eyes, as we both drift off to sleep on the floor in the hallway.

Chloe's POV

The woman lunges at me, and I shove her away, just before her companion hops onto my back. With anger, I shove another one off of me. Jasper pushes one of the Russian vampires backward, and he flies through a nearby wall. I lunge to the side,, avoiding a flying stake. It misses me by a few feet, but I can still see the vampire who threw it. I jump to my feet, no longer in a good mood. We're here to talk, and they're just going to attack us for nothing? I smile savagely, as another of the Russians comes after me.

"We're not here to fight, but we will if you continue" I call out in warning. They don't seem to care because my warning only seems to strengthen the wave of attack before us. I lift my leg in a spectacular round house kick, that sends a woman flying into the ceiling above. A smile crosses my face in spite of the seriousness of the situation. We're supposed to making allies, not more enemies. I jump back as a tall woman with dark red hair comes to face me, her lips twisted in a feral growl. I hit her in the face, before Landon takes her down.

Jasper hisses in anger, causing me to look around. He is back into the wall, and there is a stake hovering just before his chest. I'm just about to go to his aid, when Alice comes out of nowhere, and knocks the stake right out of the man's hand. Jasper uses the moment to lunge over, and hop on top of the woman who has obviously taken charge. He looms over her, before we all seem to pause. It reminds me of one of those old western stand offs. I almost smile at the thought, but I figure that might send some of these psychos over the edge.

I decide to take the chance to solve the problem, while we are all standing still, and nobody seems to want to make the next move. We're at a stalemate.

"Your leader will wake up in a few minutes, and he will be a stronger type of vampire, if you'll just listen to us" I explain, but that doesn't seem to work. That's when the standoff ends. Jasper lunges forward, and drains a fistful of his own blood in the woman's mouth, before snapping her neck. The others lunge for us, but then something happens that saves us all.

The man I killed opens his eyes. Taking a deep breath, he looks around with confused eyes. I push his friend aside, and cross the room. Confidently sitting down, I look into his eyes, before producing a small bag of human blood. He looks down at it, before gratefully taking it into his hands. Draining it, he looks around with newfound vision. He thought he was superhuman before, now he gets to see true vampirism. I smile, knowing that the fight is over now. We can finally move on, and get this damn mission done.