Chapter 40- Not So Sunny Beach Day

"Why don't you use your phone to click pictures? I bet you would get better pictures on it." Cameron asked while I snapped pictures during the remainder of the drive.

I shrugged and said, "Just like that."

"Blue, you do realize that I'm probably the last person to judge you if you would tell me the real reason?"

"It's just-it's a very stupid reason, actually-the thing is, it seems much more real taking pictures using this camera than my phone. It actually feels like I'm collecting memory souvenirs, you know. With the phone, that whole happy-memory-feeling isn't really that strong. And often it just becomes a social media thing. It doesn't hold that much meaning on Instagram than it does in my heart, now does it? Yeah, I know this sounds incredibly stupid."

"Hey, it's not stupid," Cameron said gently, "And that's because it means something to you. How can anything that means something to you be stupid?"

I smiled at him and he placed his hand over mine. When DNCE's Jinx started playing in the background, I blushed. Dave just had to add the perfect background music.

______

I woke up the next morning to my room's door threatening to come crashing down.

"What the fudge?" I murmured sleepily as I picked my head up from the comforts of the pillow and squinted around to find a watch or phone or something that would tell me the time.

Another series of crashing sounds almost made me jump.

Whoever was the cause of that was not going to have a nice day today, I would make sure of that.

Finding my phone and realizing that it was freaking 6 a.m. I started thinking about some nice murder plans for the idiot threatening to break down my door.

"What is going on?" I heard Hayley's half-asleep voice, barely articulate through the pillow she'd covered her head with.

"Open up, ladies! Its beach time!" Yelled a voice I recognized as Sean's.

"Honey I'm sorry but your boyfriend is going to be murdered today." I told Hayley and got up to open the door and yell some not-so-nice words at Sean Hill.

On opening the door, I found not one, but two idiots standing behind it.

"Morning, sweetheart!" Cameron exclaimed.

I considered either slamming the door on their faces and going back to sleep or slapping them both and then slamming the door on their faces and going back to sleep. Since slapping them required some effort, I decided to ditch that prospect, even though it sounded amazing, and stuck to a simple door-in-face-me-back-in-bed thing. But Cameron, knowing me all too well, caught the door and entered the room before I could execute my genius idea.