Chapter 5- My Love And My Hate

"What the hell do I wear?" I asked Hayley as I inspected my suitcase, which was lying open in front of me.

"Pick anything casual." Hayley answered, who was going to wear a green t-shirt with khaki shorts. How is it that she always had the perfect clothes for all occasions?

"I really don't know what to wear, Hay." I told her.

"Why do you go through all this drama, I really don't get it. Just simply say 'Hayley, I'm too lazy to pick an outfit for myself. Would you please do it instead?'" she said as she started going through my suitcase.

 Would you please do it instead?'" she said as she started going through my suitcase

"I'm not lazy!" I protested, "I simply never know what to wear."

"And then you just magically won Best Dressed for prom last year. Huh?" She threw at me a light blue tank top, a dark blue check shirt and grey pants.

"Thanks dude! And by the way, my dress for prom was a suggestion by Hayley Sharp, the Prom Queen, so I didn't technically deserve it."

"Whatever Skye."

I danced my way to the bathroom for a shower. Anyone observing me would have inferred that I was excited for my trip to the zoo.

But that wasn't the case. I was absolutely dreading it. I hated animals and was scared of around 99.9% of the animals I shared this lovely planet with. My heart had sunk like the Titanic when I'd heard Sean suggest the zoo for today.

Unlike yesterday, I didn't have a very good feeling about today. What made matters worse was the fact that Cedric was coming with us. I had sworn that I would never ever visit a zoo or aquarium with him again.

As I took a shower, all I could think of was my last visit to the zoo. The reason for my problem with visiting zoos with Cedric finds root in this visit two years ago. A fourteen year old me hated animals that time, too. And nineteen year old Cedric had been working with PETA as its student volunteer.

As we had roamed about the zoo, Cedric had lectured me about everything wrong with keeping animals in cages. To say I had been annoyed or frustrated would have been an understatement. I had wanted to throw my brother in the lion cage at feeding time.

But till then at least he had been lecturing only me. When we had been observing the giraffes, he had some problem with the type of grass the caretakers had been feeding a particular giraffe (who had been munching away happily, like a teen at McDonalds).

Getting all worked up, Cedric, had first lectured the caretaker, unnecessarily, and then had called up his regional in-charge at PETA and complained against the zoo. The minor problem turned into a huge issue. And it wasn't like that type of grass was poisonous or even unhealthy for giraffes, its just that it wasn't what giraffes were normally fed. But it was perfectly alright and the giraffe wasn't in any kind of danger. Cedric had been thrown out of PETA for his idiocy and both of us had been banned from the zoo for three years.