Chapter 35- After Four Years

"Lets take it from the top. One, two, three, go!"

Sean said, and him and Dave started strumming the opening notes of Aftertaste on their guitars. They both used acoustic guitars, not electric ones. Sean started singing and slowly Adam and Felix started playing their instruments. Felix didn't have much to do except provide a slight beat because the song relied mainly on the guitars.

 Felix didn't have much to do except provide a slight beat because the song relied mainly on the guitars

It was around 11 p.m. All of us had been in the Warehouse since forever, helping the band practice. It didn't take them long to get the hang of Same Old Love, but Aftertaste took a lot of practice to get right. Especially from Sean and Dave because the guitars were the soul of the song. Cedric had gone out a while ago to get food for everyone.

So now, after the pizza break, the band was rehearsing once again

So now, after the pizza break, the band was rehearsing once again. I had never realised how much hard work went into just preparing a cover. Even though Cedric and Adam had got the prints of the chords, these guys still had to tweak a few things here and there as they practised. Dave had noticed the changed lyrics for Aftertaste but Cameron had used the lame excuse I had given him. Sean helped by changing the topic and no more thought was given to that matter.

Hayley was thoroughly enjoying herself. She and Sean had divided the verses of Same Old Love amongst themselves, but she sang most of it. The grin didn't leave her face once. I knew she'd always dreamt of giving performances like these with a proper band, and now that dream was coming true.

Cedric did a lot of the running around. He had first gone with Adam to get the prints, then with Sean and Dave to get all the music equipment. Then he had gone alone to get pizza for all of us. He stood next to the band all the time, putting in suggestions after every song's rehearsal. Preparing two new songs in one day was difficult, but you could see from the faces of the band, the wonders Cedric's help did for them. They usually recorded their rehearsals and heard them later to see what needed to be changed or improved. Cedric saved them all that effort and time through his comments and remarks at the end of each rehearsal.

Cameron and I, on the other hand, planned out what all I would say to Andrew. How I would say it, when I would say it, my mannerisms, and all the nuances. I didn't let him dictate speeches for me, because I wanted my words to be spontaneous. But he still ended up making me write tons of pointers.