• Chapter 2 •

Zacznij od początku

"Yes! Thank you, Shane! Thank you so freaking much!" I thanked him in a loud tone and patted his shoulder – because I didn't know if it would be very wise to hug him. "You won't regret this, I swear!"

"I know," he said and smiled in confidence. He clapped his hands together once and had a sparkle in his eyes. "So, if that's everything, you should get going to tell AJ about the new plans. Alright?"

I nodded, smiled, and agreed, "Yes, sir." I started back towards the door, which he held open for me.

"It was good seeing you, Britt," he kindly said with a smile, of course. "And if you need anything else, just let me know first. I'm your guy."

Now out the room, I nodded and assured, "Of course. Thank you again."

He closed the door and I sped off on a new mission to find AJ now. I speed-walk down the hallways and all around catering to find him, but I just can't seem to just yet.

So, I take out my phone and dial up his number. I pressed the phone to my ear and wait on the rings to finish up. Finally, a simple greeting from him echoed through the phone.

"Hey, redneck, where are you right now?" I asked of him, trying not to express my happiness and excitement already through the phone. Of course I had to tease him at least just a little bit, too.

"Hm, not sure," he answered, sounding like he was teasing me also. His southern voice always made me melt like jelly. "I'm actually staring at somebody right now."

I smiled and rolled my eyes, just because of how cute he's being right now. "Oh, yeah? Who you stalking without me, you dork?" I giggled, which ignited heat to enter my cheeks firing red.

"Well, how about I give you a couple of hints and you guess who?" he tried negotiating with me, which I always give in to.

"Fine, go ahead," I squeaked out, but tried keeping my cool. Question is, though, is if I even do have cool when I'm actually on fire right now.

"Alright, well...," his voice trailed off, so he could probably take a moment to think this through. "It's a girl. She's around my height, but only a couple inches shorter than me. She has long, black hair with red in it. She's a real bad-ass, y'know, and she's actually very pretty."

I giggled and rolled my eyes again, thinking of this dork. I bit down on my bottom lip and thought about it, but I really didn't have to, though, either. "Well, is it... Is it Becky Lynch? Because she's always dying her hair these days that I can't even keep up. Or maybe it's Paige? Is it? Am I getting warmer yet?"

"No," he simply said, pausing a second. "But I am, though."

I felt somebody's hands – well, gloves, in this case – wrap their way around my waist and I don't want them to let go because I know exactly who it is. I spun around and faced AJ Styles, himself.

He had his signature gloves on both of his hands while he wore his regular ring gear. He was already ready to go for his match later on tonight and I was very excited for him, especially because I'm going to accompany him to the ring again. Well, first, I have to ask for permission, actually.

"So, what's up?" AJ asked with a smile and his same old sexy southern accent.

"So, um... Hey," I greeted him properly with a very suspicious grin. He noticed this, so he placed his arms over his chest. "So, buddy, I talked to Shane just a little while ago about an idea I had."

"Oh, yeah? What would that be about?"

"Well, you see here, last night at WrestleMania, it felt good being reunited again, so I just thought that maybe we could do it again tonight," I explained through gritted teeth. I was really nervous to talk to him about this. I don't know why, but I just am.

Then, he suddenly patted me on the shoulder and smiled even larger than before. "Yeah, that sounds awesome," he agreed and I'm already shocked. Whoa!

I bit down on my bottom lip and mumbled out, "And every other night for now on..."

"Wait, what?" AJ held his mouth ajar in his sudden surprise. Dammit!

"Well, it's just that... I asked Shane specifically if you and I could get the band back together like the good ol' days and he agreed," I began to inform AJ of, trying to keep a steady head throughout all of this. "But only if you agree first, he will."

"Oh, that," he sighed and scratched the back of his neck. "Hey, look, Britt—"

"It's okay if you don't wanna do it, AJ," I went ahead and told him this to get it out of the way. "I'll... I'll try to find my way without you. I just thought it would be cool to get the band back together, but people grow apart and that's perfectly okay. Just know that I'll always be your biggest fan."

AJ used his hands to wave what I had just said away and out of the air. "No, no, that's not it, Britt," he tried clearing up and explaining in his own words. "I'm actually really surprised that Shane finally agreed to let us partner-up again."

"Wait, what?" I blurted out, not expecting that to be his real response. "Well, I just don't want you to think I'm trying to take away your spotlight or anything that you've worked so hard for. Especially for tonight."

He took me by the shoulder and threw me all the way around, just so he can throw his arm around me. We began walking together while his arm continued to hang over me.

"You ain't ruining my image or taking away any kind of spotlight I have created for myself," he chuckled, which was easing my guilt already. He picked up his hand to wave at Chris Jericho, who was passing by us and who was one of his opponents tonight. "Anyways, it's gonna be better for now on, Britt."

"Promise me, AJ," I teased him, but was completely serious at the same time. I just wanted change, after all.

"I promise, Britt," he promised me in all seriousness. "You know how it is between us. It's me and you above everybody, hands down. It's me and you. You and me. Always."

"Always, huh?" I grinned and felt all the heat return to my face.

"Yes, always," he assured me and I already knew this, of course. It's been the same old speech since two-thousand and two. AJ and I have been best friends for the past fourteen years. That's something. "Now, all you gotta worry about is what you're gonna wear with me out there."

"Same stuff like from New Japan," I chuckled and caressed his hand that was next to my right shoulder. "The Bullet Babe is back and better than ever before!"

He laughed and I joined in after a few seconds. He didn't deny it, either. I'm back, but would our friends join?