Happy Day-Tyler x Reader

Comincia dall'inizio

Josh: Text me soon, if you don't, I'm coming over.

You walk back into your bedroom, holding your phone in your hand. You pause in the room for a second, running ideas through your mind to where the hell Tyler was hiding.

Then you hear it. The sound of the shower running. As well as soft mumbling coming from the bathroom. It's the chant. The one he included in his newer song.

You walk over to the bathroom, trying to open the door. It's locked.

You curse, and hit the door.

"Tyler?!" You scream. You didn't care how loud you were being, you just needed to get to him.

"(Y/N), I need to be alone." You breathe a sigh of relief. When he gets bad, he can't reply, only say the chant over and over again. It's difficult to break him out of anything when he is like that.

"No, let me in. I need make-up. I'm going out to celebrate a great week of work." You explain, almost hitting yourself for the stupid reasoning.

But it seems to work, as the door clicks.

You want to rush straight in and wrap Tyler in a hug, but you stop yourself. You know you have to be slow and calm when situations like this come up. You wait a few seconds, before slowly opening the door.

The bathroom is a mess of steam and you can hardly see the shower. You look carefully, finally seeing Tyler standing - full clothed - under running water. He is shivering. He is still muttering softly. Your demeanor softens.

"Tyler..." You walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind you. You stand at the door, looking at him for a second. His white shirt is stuck to his skin, revealing his tattoos. His jeans are soaked, and he is still in shoes and socks. His skeleton jacket is the only thing that has been thrown to the side. You grab it, hanging it carefully on a hook, and grab a towel. You lay the towel closer to the shower before taking off your socks, shoes, jacket, and shirt. You leave them all in a pile, and then walk into the shower with Tyler. You wrap your arms around his waist, resting your head against his back.

"You'll get cold." He mumbles. "Don't let me be gone. Don't let me be gone. Don't let me be gone." He keeps the chanting those words, over and over.

"Tyler, the water's scolding." You reach around, turning it to be the slightest bit cooler. "And me being cold is the least of my worries. Are you going to perform that song?" Tyler just mumbles an incoherent sentence, moving forward to lean his head against the cold shower wall. He goes back into his chanting. You can feel his heartbeat. It's fast. And he is shaking.

"Tyler?" You ask, but now he can't reply. Your mind fills with worry, but you try to and stay calm and control your breathing. In, and out.

You calm yourself, even though you can feel your heartrate skyrocketing. You run a hand down his tattooed left arm, humming Not Today by Imagine Dragons. After a humming a few lines, you go into singing it. You don't love your voice, but it always seems to calm him down.

"There she goes in front of me

Take my life and set me free again

We'll make a memory out of it...." Tyler stops mumbling his chant so loud, it's almost a whisper.

"Holy road is at my back

Don't look on, take me back again

We'll make a memory out of it..." Your voice drops off, because Tyler collapses into you. You are both sitting in the shower. You have a silent moment of panic, worrying he took something. But you shake it off. You can still feel him breathing and his heartbeat is still there. You breathe for a few seconds before starting again.

"We finally fall apart and we break each other's hearts

If we wanna live young love we better start today..."

Tyler's breathing is still uneven, but it is slowly getting back to normal.

Tyler starts singing before you; "It's gotta get easier, oh easier somehow......Cause I'm falling, I'm falling...." He stops singing, chanting again, but you pick it up.

"Oh easier and easier somehow

Oh I'm calling, I'm calling

And it isn't over unless it is over..." Tyler starts to sing with you again, forgetting his chanting slowly. He leans into you.

I don't wanna wait for that

It's gotta get easier and easier somehow

But not today

Not today...." Tyler finishes off with you, but his voice is still shaking, and his breathing is still uneven. But you know he is okay.

For now, at least.

                That moment was something that changed your life. Tyler tears you from your thoughts and leads you out of the reception hall. The both of you say your 'goodbyes' and everyone wishes you a good honeymoon. Josh winks at Tyler and you give him a hug. Tyler kisses your cheek before getting in the car. While driving to the airport, A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton comes on and you begin laughing. Tyler dances while driving and sings along. The whole car ride is filled with you two singing old songs and dancing along.  It was the start to an amazing honeymoon.

ITALICIZED PORTION WRITTEN BY EchoingAngel check out some of her stuff!!

Sorry for the late update. The reads have been going down and I've just been wondering if you guys want me to continue? Also, should I write a honeymoon chapter for Tyler?? Just tell me what you think of the book and help me write what you guys want to read!! Thank you, lovelies! 💕