"Lia, are you okay? Can you please say something so I know you're in there!"

I don't reply to her. I know I should try to make her less worried but I'm so lost in thought right now I can't focus on what she's even saying.

He had a wife. A woman he actually married and agreed to spend the rest of his life with. This entire time he was with me he knew about her and he never mentioned a thing.

So what was I? A side piece baby mama?

No, I refuse to be anything that low.

Maybe he didn't think you guys were that serious. My conscious tells me.

No, it doesn't matter he should've told me! Now when that woman wakes up she's going to think that I'm some trashy hoe who got herself knocked up by her husband and somehow convinced him to give me that house that he probably built for the two of them.

I think I'm going to barf.

"Pull over!" I gasp as I feel the grimy bodily fluid rise up in my throat. Vanessa pulls over to the side of the highway and watches as I puke my guts out on the dusty ground.

"Here." She says sympathetically as she hands me a bottle of water.

"It's cold." I note.

"Yeah, why don't you get inside? We'll go to my apartment."

"In a minute, the cool air is helping."

"Is it the baby or the wife."

I snicker bitterly and shake my head. "The wife."

"I'm guessing you didn't know."

"Of course I didn't know, what you think because I got knocked up on a one night stand that I'm automatically some whore who sleeps with married men?" I yell as I get out of the car.

"No, no no not at all, I just... It was just a question."

"Well it was stupid one because I didn't know! I'm not some trashy whore! And I am certainly not the other woman! I have morals you know!"

"I know." Vanessa says carefully.

"No you don't know! Okay, I don't spend my time plotting how I'm going to take women's husbands! I'm going to be a mother I do have standards and boundaries!"

"I know Lia you don-"

"And I don't sign up to get my heart broken by some guy who, who... Who's married!" I exclaim before bursting into tears.

"Oh no Lia don't cry."

"I thought h-he-"

"I know sweetie, I know." Vanessa says into my ears as she wraps her arms around me.

"I'm an idiot."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. I am a pregnant idiot!" I wail into her shoulders.

"Okay, okay how about we get in the car and continue this at home where there aren't cars full of people giving us weird looks? Huh, how does that sound?"

I sniffle before nodding yes.

The rest of the drive back to my old apartment is long and quiet and despite promising not to cry, I can't help the disobeying tears that trickle down my face. When we actually do get to the apartment, I collapse on the couch with a blanket that Vanessa hands me and use up two boxes of tissues.

"I don't even know why I'm crying anymore!" I exclaim as more tears pour out of me. My hormones are seriously out of control right now, but I can't stop crying.