Her Departure and His Arrival

Drenched in murky water a body slowly emerges from the dirty swamp at dawn. Fog overwhelmingly not revealing much of the person, a girl. Young and innocent she used to be at the age of fifteen but not anymore. She is dead now rising up above, her head peaking out of the water.

A man, the same age, watches from the edge of the water. Standing a mere few feet away not attempting to help but watch in horror and fascination of the girl trying to come back from death when it was him to put her there. He isn't about to help her. He isn't about to do anything but watch.

"Bye Naomi." he whispers out loud to himself or her he isn't sure. He is sure though that this was what was meant to happen. This had to happen sooner or later because letting her live was affecting him. He couldn't handle watching her struggle and not get anywhere close to happiness. Nothing was in reach for her. She was unhappy and so was he.

Naomi's brown hair appears dull and dirty from being submerged in water. Her forest green eyes staring at the young man are dark and unruly of a color they never used to be. Cheek bones are sunken in. Her waist small and petite yet she seen herself as fat in the mirror despite her ribs displayed to see without sucking in. Breasts a normal well rounded size some days she was quite fond of the attention she received but then other days she dreaded seeing them lay lifeless and ugly on her chest. They became weights she wanted removed among other body parts she despised.

You could say she was self conscious in life struggling to go through day to day life. You could also say she kept to herself because she was frighten of most people. She seen everyone as eyes preying on her body. Undressing her and laughing at the ugly she sees everyday looking back at herself. She had nothing going for her in life unless counting calories every meal was a goal in life. She spent the rest of the day exercising three times daily and doubting the person she was. Calling out every flaw she could see and could not. Degrading herself into tiny pieces as she waited for the end.

The end did come indeed in the form of another fifteen year old named Nate. He was a blurry face for a while. He hardly spoke. He never made himself known when he feared people himself. Until now that is he is coming out to make a name for himself. He did kill off the one and only Naomi at fifteen.

Her parents didn't even know she was going to be gone. She hadn't said a word on her walk from home before Nate got a hold of her and changed her life forever. Her parents will surely mourn her but for how long? Will they miss her? Can they when they never truly knew her themselves? Are they not part of the reason she took off in the middle of the night to get away from their judgement she has been dealt since birth?

Yelling. Fighting. Arguing about what is in her best interest but had they tried to listen to her? Did they care what their child wanted in life? Did they care about her dreams and feelings? Did they see her crying out for help?

No. Nothing. Never did they see and that is how she is where she is today. She took off in the middle of the night to escape them. She wanted to escape her life and world she hated and she did just that.

Nate killed her. Nate ended her life she no longer wanted to live.

She hated who she seen in the mirror of the person she knew she wasn't. She didn't belong but was always too scared to let herself be her true self. She had disapproving parents and the kids at school didn't understand her. No one understood her. She was alone and constantly hurting herself. Nate promised to take those feelings away tonight. He promised to end the misery she lived in. He promised she didn't have to suffer for long and what was to come would be worth it. He promised she didn't have to be scared. He promised she would be okay and not to worry about the future she feared. She could have a better life but she had to trust him and let go. She had to die to let the future begin and she fully trusted him.

He took her to the swamp in the middle of the night. He brought her to a scary place and she was in tears. She was crying yet she wasn't trying to escape. She trusted him because her body floating up out of the water is nothing but a figment of imagination. Nate is actually staring at himself of who he used to be and no longer is.

Naomi is dead but Nate is alive. Nate is able to live. All it took was to kill off the girl he knew from a young age he never could be. He's not her anymore. He'll never be her again when this is who he is.

He's finally alive. He's finally happy as his true self no matter what anyone else may say or think. He's living his life. He's free of the person he pretended for years to be but he never was. He's himself and that is that matters leaving Naomi in the past as he turns around to walk away from her departure and his arrival to live life to the fullest.