The Unexpected Visitor

A/N: This is a heavily edited old chapter! It is one of quite a few that I want to start putting out! I hope you all enjoy these new chapters and dramas in a story I wrote when I was 13 and was too impatient to make the best it could be!

All new chapters will have this disclaimer so there is no confusion! Chapters such as 'An Unexpected Visitor', 'Dresses and Limits' and 'A Promise to Keep' will just be heavily edited with the same idea, so read them too, cause they might as well be new lol! 'A Promise to Keep' will now be called '"You already have me."'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There was quiet chatter between Hermione and I as we walked out of our last class for the day. Though our discussion on the Astronomy class we'd be having later tonight seemed to be drowned out by the excited buzz over the coming weekend. There was rabid discussion in the halls over how people would wear their hair or makeup for the Yule Ball, which grew closer and closer. As both Hermione and I caught a conversation regarding dates from two passing 5th year girls, I turned to Hermione.

"Is the fact that you're going with Krum a secret of some sorts?" I asked her curiously, making sure to whisper the name of the celebrated sports star just in case. Hermione shrugged,

"I'm not really an over sharer- besides, with Rita Skeeter scuttling about, I thought it best to just make sure-" my friend's explanation was cut short when a loud voice called out my name frantically, and Hermione and I whipped our heads around to find the source. Hermione sighed and sent a nod in my direction, "I have to see Professor Binns, I'll meet you in the common room." She explained, and as she walked away I grew sad that she hadn't been able to finish talking. I frowned as George reached me, and I nudged him playfully with my elbow.

"What's up, buttercup-" I started to cheer as we walked together, but he cut me short.

"Are you mad at Fred?" George was panting softly as he asked the question, a clear sign that he had been chasing after me through the halls for a while. I frowned,

"Why? Does he think I am?" Nervously, I chewed the inside of my cheek, unable to look at my best friend as we spoke.

"Well you've kind of been avoiding him all week." My stomach dropped at George's words. It hadn't been my intention to wound Fred with my avoidance, but I would have to be stupid to say I didn't realise that I was. The truth was that after Saturday night in his dorm, I felt too ridiculous and embarrassed to be around him. There was a conversation that needed to be had between Fred and I, and out of fear I was point blank avoiding it at all costs. Fear of rejection, fear of judgement- fear that Fred would find me childish- all of those fears were stopping me from telling Fred what intimate interactions were too big and scary for me.

"We spoke at breakfast this morning." I rebutted George's accusation, suddenly flustered.

"After her cornered you." He scoffed, and stopping dead in my tracks I looked at him. George continued walking for a moment before he realised I was no longer beside him, and he turned to face me as fellow students passed us by.

"I know you're twins, but I'd love it if you didn't share everything." I complained, and George offered me a reassuring smile as he walked towards me again.

"We don't tell each other everything, don't worry." He said, but I rolled my eyes and shook my head, hugging my books close to my chest.

"You do, but it's okay. I get it," I was being truthful in my words, but George shook his head at me sternly.