Ginny's slip.

{updated}

(Nicki)

I wasn't certain on how long I remained outside in the freezing cold, still wounded and cut up inside from Fred's confession. The strung together sentences that admitted the kiss had not meant a thing to him whilst it meant the entire world to myself, left me feeling sick. A sour feeling sat uncomfortably inside my stomach, and it wouldn't disappear. I was shocked and disappointed with myself and my harmful lie- the lie that stated I 'had someone else'. My lie, which had surprised me by escaping my lips in the first place, resulted in making myself completely unavailable.

I watched George run toward me with a vacant expression, but when I felt the desperation written across his face, screaming out my name, I sat up. When George reached me, he wrapped his large, strong hand around my skinny arm and he ripped me up off the ground, harshly.

"Ow, George, what in Merlin-?!" I began yelling, in protest, attempting to pull out of his hard grasp.

"Just please help me!" My best friend cut me short, and I watched the panic and desperation radiate off his body, and he released my arm and ran back inside the Burrow, and without hesitation I followed closely behind him. When we stopped outside the twins room, panting heavily as I attempted to catch my breath, loud smashing and clattering sounded from behind the door and I straightened up. Furrowing my brows and sending George a curious look, I reached for the metal door handle and cautiously stepped inside. As I revealed the inside of the room to myself, Fred stood throwing his belongings across the room. Witnessing him carelessly frisbee and old text book into the opposite wall, I turned back around to George, only to find him slamming the door shut behind me. Trapped with Fred and his destructiveness, I swallowed hard, and a small trinket hit the floor and broke apart into segments. Wide eyed at the events unfolding, I raised my voice.

"Fred, Fred, stop!" I called out to him, but he ignored my plea, "Stop!" I yelled at him, but my friend ignored every word I spoke. The photo of him and George flew past me and smashed into a wall, and I grabbed his toned arm as he picked up the little photo of myself and him. "Fred, please stop." My voice was quiet- timid, but my grip on his arm was tight, and he tensed up, staring down at my as he released the photographer, making it fall to the ground with a thud. "Fred, what is this? What's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand on the side of his face gently, but he swatted me away with a heavy arm that fell limp by his side as he back away.

"You, okay? You and all the guys that want you!" he yelled, throwing his head back as his throat tensed, a vein bulging slightly beneath his soft skin, and I frowned at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, pulling my hand back to my chest, holding it close to me as I watched him in shock.

"I'm supposed to protect you, but you have guy after guy falling at your feet and I'm tired of it!" He exclaimed, and he still refused to look at me, and instead glared up at the heavens. "You know the worst part though, Nick?" He asked, and I sheepishly shook my head, and as he finally looked at me, it didn't feel like the blessing it had before over my entire life with him. "It's that you're so painfully naive about it!" he yelled, looking down at me, and I stepped away from him, growing defensive.

"Why the hell do you care? It's not your job to protect me! Protect me from what? Growing up? Scraping my damn knee? Heaven forbid, kissing a boy?! Don't assign un-achievable jobs to yourself! You don't even like me enough to think about doing that!" I yelled back, and he rolled his eyes at my comment.

"Yeah, bloody glad I don't! Because as if I'd ever have a chance!" he yelled at me, and my eyes burned with the desire of tears, and my throat itched to scream back at him, but I simply didn't have the energy to do any of what I wanted.