The Beginning.

Disclaimer: All rights go to J.K Rowling. The GENIUS behind the phenomenal book series. 

This is my first story I've uploaded. So I do really hope you enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
{updated}
---------------------------

Pulling the blankets back off me, I slid out of the bed. Summer was at an end, and the weather had proven that quite dramatically. The carpet felt nice and warm on my cold, bare feet. I stumbled over to my closet, still only in my bra and undies. My weak and tired hands fumbled through the remaining clothes that I had left in my closet, while a yawn escaped my lips. A plain brown, waist high skirt, a white button up shirt and a thick pair of stockings found themselves in my hands. I changed into them, tucking the button up into the skirt while I stumbled my way to the bathroom. My eyes were hooded and I contemplated climbing back into the warmth of my bed. A yawn escaped my lips, and I immediately regretted staying up till the early hours of the morning, reading the book I had borrowed from the book shop down the street. I looked in the mirror and grabbed my brush, beginning to untangle my light brown hair. There was a somewhat impatient knock at the bedroom door, and I sighed softly.

"Nicolette, are you up yet?" My mother's voice called from behind the closed door, and I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm getting ready now!" I yelled back to her, cringing at my whole first name.

"Please, just hurry up. You have to be at the Weasley's in 15 minutes. You slept in!" She replied back and I exhaled a deep sigh as I looked back at my reflection.

"I know!" I breathed softly, scanning my reflection. I listened as her footsteps moved away from the door and I bit my lip. Untangling the last of the knots in my hair, I begun with a touch of make-up- more concealer than anything, to hide the sleepless nights I wore beneath my eyes. I finished putting on the concealer and brush of mascara, and looked at myself in the mirror. My brown hair fell down to my waist like a silky waterfall and my chocolate brown eyes shone like transparent stones held under sunlight, despite the bags that hung under my eyes. I turned my nose up at my appearance, due to those dark circles, still surfacing through the makeup. All I could manage was a sigh and I walked out of the bathroom, slipping on my shoes and grabbing my trunk, hauling it down the flight of stairs. 

I struggled to haul the giant case down the stairs and it bashed around on the hard wood. Gemma, my half sister, who I half the time believe was a half-wit, jogged down the stairs beside me with a smile. She greeted my mother with a proud look and gave her a spin so mum could see every angle of the outfit she would wear on her first day. With it being her first year at Hogwarts, she was excited, and I couldn't blame her. There was something in me that shifted with jealousy as I watched the two interact, and I thought about how I was never given new outfits for first days or anything of the sorts. I didn't think it was much of a secret that Gemma was mums second chance.

After my struggle down the staircase I reached them, placing my large trunk beside my mother. Grabbing my face in her hand, squishing my features as she examined me, her attention moved away from Gemma.

"You look awful." She said, and I jerked my face from her hold.

"Wow, thanks Mum. How reassuring." I retorted sarcastically and she clicked her tongue at my tone.

"Have you got your wand?" she asked, and I rolled my eyes letting out a distressed moaned. 

"No." I answered, and I made my way back up the stairs slowly.