Christmas And Patience.

{updated}

I lay at the end of Ginny's cozy bed, blankets draped across me while a cream cardigan fit me loosely. Our pyjama pants were matching- that was a tradition here at the Weasley's. On Christmas Eve every single year, we were allowed to open 1 present each, and those presents were matching sets of pyjamas. With a buzz and our stomachs full from dessert and hot chocolate, the whole family slipped into their matching pj's and then in the morning we would wake up with a strong sense of togetherness.

Hot chocolate and biscuits were the only smell lingering in our room and the curtains were drawn back, allowing a most stunning view of snow covered landscape to bless our sites. I had always liked Ginny's room, however she lacked the space in order to host me, which meant I always bunked with Ron. Ginny and I had been discussing Christmas tomorrow for the past hour, Christmas songs playing from her old, crappy record player, filling the small room with a pungent Christmas vibe.

"So how are you and Fred going?" Ginny asked suddenly, taking a sip of her hot chocolate and I sat up with a sigh, hugging one of her fluffy pillows to my chest.

"It's going about how you could imagine," I explained vaguely with a nod, "it's not." I added and I fingered at the soft pillow in my arms. "You know Gin, I've been thinking how stupid this entire thing is. Fred and I are best friends- Fred, George and I have always been on the same level our whole lives. Do I really want to destroy that because I'm developing a crush that will probably fade away? Feels like a lot to lose for a silly crush." I explained to her, and I watched as she frowned and her shoulders fell. I was tired of disappointing everyone when it came to my school girl crush, and I sighed, placing the pillow down before I stood up. "Ginny, I'm tired and I don't want to talk about Fred. Good night." I said, taking my huge mug off the bedside table, still full of steaming hot chocolate, and I left.

Christmas break was only short, and for me to believe I could possibly make Fred view me differently was a fantasy. Though despite how impossible I knew my mission was, my patience was growing substantially thin. Wandering toward the twins bedroom with a sigh, I took a sip of the creamy and incredible chocolate liquid. Suddenly, I came to a stop just outside the door, as the sound of the twins hushed whispers reached my ears.

"This is Nicki we're talking about..." George muttered, but suddenly I realised that I didn't want to eavesdrop- I don't want to stand there stupidly and listen to my best friends talk about me behind me back. I pushed the slightly ajar door open and walked in. Quickly, the boys snapped their eyes to me in an anxious manner and I swallowed hard. I felt as if I didn't need to hear what had been said- the air felt tense enough for me to deduce the way they had been talking about me. My stomach was sinking as I averted their gazes. "I-I'm just going to get my stuff," I muttered, taking a hold of my trunk with my free hand. I no longer wanted to sleep in their room if they were talking about me behind my back, good or bad- I was too self conscious.

"No!" They exclaimed in unison, "You can sleep in my bed." Fred offered, standing up off his bed and I pursed my lips.

"No, it-it doesn't matter. I don't want to kick you out of your bed again. Besides, 'first one there gets to have my bed tonight.'" I reminded him with pure pain in my voice, and I grew a little bitter, as I turned away, dragging my trunk out of the room.

"Nicki, stop!" Fred called out and in three strides he had already reached me, his legs being so long. Fred's giant hands grabbed a hold of my trunk and threw it carelessly beside his bed, smiling down at me with a smug grin. "Get in the bed," he ordered sternly, pointing to it. George chuckled and a weak smile formed on my lips. "Go!" Fred growled deeply when I didn't move, still pointing a long finger to the bed. Trying not to let a smile show, I slumped back into the room and placed myself heavily down on the bed. Placing my mug of hot chocolate on the bedside table, I looked over at George, who was shaking his head in disapproval.