The First Task.

{updated}

All the schools were seated around the arena which resembled the Qudditch pitch, but was however taller, bigger, stronger and safer, as a rogue bludger wasn't the concern, but a true fire breathing dragon. This pitch was situated far away from the school, up on a hill, nestled nicely. My heart was pounding so hard that I could hear my blood pumping.

"Harry'll be fine," Hermione said, however, it came out as a queston rather than a statement, and she was not trying to reassure me, but rather herself. I nodded,

"Of course, it's only a fire breathing dragon and if it doesn't kill him, he'll probably just loose a limb or something." I told her with a shrug and a nod, a false smile on my lips as I looked at her. She just nodded,

"Great, super comforting," she responded sarcastically, "I'll be back." Hermione ran out of her spot and down the isle, bumping and pushing people to flee, and I furrowed my brows in concern. My thoughts went back to Harry, Cedric and Fleur, and I felt my stomach drop, but before I could think of every possible thing that could go wrong, Ron suddenly approached me, and I glared. Ron was slow in coming to my side, and he stared at me awkwardly as I snapped my head away from him and stared down at the arena, where boulders and rocks homed the dragons that would be battled by teenagers.

"Hi," Ron called softly to me,

"Surprised to see you here," I spat coldly, still refusing to look at him. This very small conversation had been the most Ron and I had talked in a while.

"Of course I was coming," he scoffed, as if what he said were the most obvious thing on the planet. Turning to face him, my eyes widened in shock,

"Are you kidding? You haven't spoken to Harry in weeks," I barked and Ron flinched, holding his breath. "Some best friend you are," I muttered bitterly, looking away once again. Ron and I stood there in silence for a while, and when I spotted Hermione climbing back up the stands, I quickly took my opportunity to speak my mind. "I can't believe you had the audacity to make this all about you, Ron." I turned to him again, and he surprised me by nodding.

"I know," he muttered shamefully, and Hermione finally reached us, slipping herself between Ron and myself, oblivious to the conversation that had just taken place.

"Hey!" Two voices called behind us, from the stand directly above, and myself and Ron turned to face the twins, who had hollered. "You got told," Fred and George grinned happily at Ron, and their younger brother clenched his jaw and faced the front again, while I tried to suppress a laugh.

The champions came out one by one, facing their Dragons- Cedric and Fleur completing it with ease, allowing me to take a breath. But that breath taken was how held, as it became Harry's turn, and I replayed Sirius' words in my head. 'People die in this tournament', I glared at Ron ad Hermione- they should have both been with Harry when he spoke with Sirius, but I bit my tongue- I was alone with this.

"Oh god, he's gonna die," I moaned, burying my face in my hands, unable to watch as soon as the cannon went off.

"Always so positive Nicki," Hermione sarcastically retorted, staring at the rocks in the pitch, waiting for Harry to emerge. I heard her gasp and I snapped my head up, finding Harry running towards the egg, as his Dragon went for him. Closing my eyes I tried to shut out the world around me- pretended this wasn't happening to one of my friends. "Your wand Harry, your wand!" Hermione squealed, and I looked at her with annoyance etched into my face.

"You had to scream in my ear?" I hissed at her, and she gave me a look of death.

"Oh I'm sorry, is it bothering you?" She raised her voice at me, getting close to my ear and I groaned, backing away from her slightly, putting my hands up in surrender. In a moment, however, everything became quiet, and then after a brief second of deafening silence, murmurs filled the arena, a few cheers being heard from Draco, Crabbe and Goyle at the idea of Harry's untimely demise. My fists were clenched so tightly from the anxiety, that my nails were digging painfully into my palm and my knuckles were white. Silence fell again and I closed my eyes lightly, praying to myself that I'd see my friend alive again, and in that time, the crowd erupted in cheers. My eyes flew open and were blessed with the image of Harry flying over head, and back into the arena, where he clasped the egg in his palm and landed. Harry was ushered out of the arena, and back to the champions tent, while Hermione and I ran, pushing people and shoving to climb down the long stairs and into the champion tent, which Hermione had told me she'd got into before.