“Don’t be ridiculous, Chas. Those kinds of things are only in movies and crappy TV shows,” she snorted.

            “That’s what I thought,” I said as I slipped a loose tank top over my head. “Waddaya think?” I asked and twirled around in a circle.

            “Chas! It’s thirty degrees out! Put some clothes on!” she reprimanded me.

            “I could always ask Chase to keep me warm,” I said and wiggled my eyebrows up and down.

            “What about that sweater you had earlier? That was cute, and you know, weather appropriate,” she said in a motherly tone.

            I rolled my eyes at her and said, “whatever mom.” I pulled the top over my head, placed it back onto the hanger and put on the sweater she had suggested. “Better?” I asked.

            “Much,” she nodded in agreement.

            “Say, how did you get ready so quickly?” I asked her as I looked over her layered black dress, mesh tights, blank ankle boots and assembled jewelry.

            “I was up an entire hour before you,” she reasoned. “Now speed it up or we’ll be late to school.”

            “Alright, alright! Geez, why are you in such a rush?” I asked her.

            “No reason,” she shrugged.

            “Would that reason be Ricky?” I taunted her.

            “First of all, that makes no sense,” she countered. “I said no reason, but your reply acted as though I said a reason, and second of all,” she corrected me sternly before her voice dropped to a lower, more guilty sounding tone. “Maybe…”

            “Ooo, Ricky and Kayla sitting in a tree, ma-a-a-aking ba-bies,” I sang before she clapped a hand over my mouth.

            “Shut up! You’ll wake up my mom!” she yelled.

            “I’ll wake up your mom?” I questioned with raised eyebrows. “Who’s the one yelling? Not me…”

            “Oh whatever,” she muttered under her breath. “Let’s just go.”

            “It’s only 6:30 and it takes a good 15 minutes to get to school, which by the way, starts at 7:30,” I reasoned.

            “Yes, but the traffic gets bad at like…seven so we have to leave now,” she countered. “Plus, I have some work to hand in.”

            “Whatever Kayla,” I sighed. We left her room, ate breakfast, and got onto the road all by 6:45 and we were on our way.

            “Now remember Chas, you and Chase to be major PDA whores today,” Kayla instructed me on the way to school. “That means making out in the hallways, making out at lunch, making out before school, making out in the gym, making out in the classrooms…basically, don’t stop making out.”

            “Kayla…do I have to?” I whined.

            “Yes,” she replied adamantly. “You see Poppy and Nate right? They don’t even have mutual feelings for each other and they’re going at it like drunk monkeys!”

            “Wait, they don’t actually like each other?” I asked, confused.

            “Oh they like each other alright, but Nate definitely likes her more than she likes him,” Kayla explained. “Holy crap deer!” she exclaimed as she slammed on the brakes. The car lurched forward as she came to a sudden halt. Luckily there weren’t any cars behind us, and we used the deer passing to catch our breath.