Our Final Day

I wake up in the middle of the night from a nightmare in which Blade decided he wanted to drown me. I was so helpless and my powers wouldn't work. I could do nothing to stop him. I shake off the memory and crawl out of bed, making sure that I do not awaken Alexandru. After the entire wolf incident he talked to the head of his army and made sure that they were prepared. He was too shaken up to let me stay in my room alone so he slept beside me. Nothing more. I walk out onto the balcony. The cool night air nips at my ears.

"Princess!" I hear a voice whisper to me from down below. I look over and realize that it is Amelia followed by three men.

"Amelia!" I say in surprise. I jump down from the balcony and catch my fall with a gust of wind. I run and give her a huge hug. "How did you find me?"

"Well my dear, we noticed the werewolves were on the move and we followed them. Little did we know they decided they wished to go to Romania. We snuck on to the next flight and asked around. King Dalca has quite a reputation with the natives. Anyways, we are here and that is all that matters. Everyone else should be here in less than an hour. I decided it would be best to give you a heads up. But, my dear, how are you? Why have you not escaped from that terrible excuse of a man yet? Wait, before you answer that, I must tell you this, Blade has something freaky going on with that witch Celeste. Which is grotesque if you ask me. That woman is old enough to be his grandmother. That cougar. I wonder if she put him under some sort of spell or something. Oh princess, I am so sorry! This must be terrible for you! After having been kept captive for such a long time and when help comes you find out that your mate has become cougar food!"

"Woah there Amelia! First of all Alexandru isn't the man that everyone makes him out to be. He is kind and he hasn't committed ninety-nine percent of the crimes that people have said he has done. Alexandru is actually my beloved." A gasp passes Amelia and the men's lips when I say that. "I know, it's crazy but it is a long story. Blade wasn't even my mate. He was basically poisoning me to make me love him. So life is pretty chill other than that."

"Oh honey, no offense but your life sucks." I just shrug it off. "No really, I would not want to be you right now. Like I do not know how you can deal when your life is in shambles like this."

"Okay I get it."

"So what do you want us to do princess?"

"I'll wake up Alexandru to make sure you guys get in and out of the castle safely. I want you guys to stay here until trouble arises. Do not trust any of the werewolves or witches. Also, Amelia, in the future, if anything happens to me or I am unable to give orders, stick with Alexandru." Amelia nods her head.

"Of course princess. I understand."

"Wait here, I will tell Alexandru." I float up to his room and enter. He looks so peaceful sleeping. His hair is in a jumble all over his head. I smile to myself.

"Alexandruuuu..." I coo out to him. His nose crinkles up cutely. I get closer to him, my face inches away from his. "Alex?" I say once more. He makes a noise and grabs me with his arm and pulls me closer to him. I giggle. "King Dalca you need to wake up."

"No, more sleep. You sleep." He mumbles and pulls me down so I am laying right next to him.

"However tempting that may be, we cannot sleep. We have guests." With that he shoots up and stands on the bed with his hands protectively holding me.

"Where are they?" He says with a menacing voice. I start laughing hysterically. He turns and faces me with a puzzled look on his face.

"The fae are here you psycho." He instantly relaxes.

"I am not a psycho, I was just protecting you." He says while going to stand on the floor.

"Oh no doubt." I pull some pants out of a drawer for him. "You should put these on. Unless you want to show off your manly boxers to Amelia and her friends." He scowls.

"They were a gift from Betty."
"Sure they were. You have good taste. They look super cute on you." I smile at his blue and pink daisy boxers.

"I don't like your attitude." He grumbles while putting on his pants. "It is too late for this."

"Come on macho man, they are waiting." I grab his hand and go out to the balcony. I lift us up with the wind to which Alexandru let's out a surprised woah and we float down in front of our guests.

"Alexandru, this is Amelia and- well I didn't quite get your names."

"This is Henry and Michael. They are my brothers technically. I mean they were adopted but I don't discriminate." She grins widely at us.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." Alexandru says.

"Well the rest of the fae are coming so you just need to let your guards know that they are on their way. Not like your guards do anything anyways I mean four people entered onto castle grounds within the past five hours. I feel like that's an issue which needs to be solved like now but that's just me."

"I will see to it that your people are safe."

"Thank you your majesty." Alexandru nods his head in acknowledgment. Amelia, Henry, and Michael bow together then turn and leave.

"Alex, I know we are going to be busy once the sun rises but can we do something together before everything gets all messy again?"
"What do you have in mind my love?"

"Netflix and chill seems like a good idea."

"Netflix? What's that?" I clutch my chest over my heart in dismay.

"You do not know what Netflix is? Just have a laptop or tablet ready tomorrow. You have much still to learn about the ways of the world. We are so watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
"I've never heard of a Buffy? Why would she kill my people! Why are you just now telling me this?!"

"Easy tiger, it's just a TV show." We go back up to his room and I settle back into bed.

"I will be back soon, I have to make the guards aware that the fae are coming. I shouldn't be long."

"Have fun. I'll scream if anyone tries to kidnap me again."

"Haha very funny." He says with a poker face. I smile lazily and snuggle up under the covers.
I prepare the laptop and log in to my account. I haven't used this for a while. There is a nagging thought in the back of my mind that everything that I say, however I look, it is going to be what stays in our memories forever. I let out a sigh. Alexandru enters the room and quickly plops down on the spot in bed next to me. I balance the laptop in front of us and press play. The opening credits roll and Alex's face immediately scrunches up in distaste. It's hilarious. Within the first fifteen minutes Alexandru has scoffed thirty-five times, rolled his eyes twelve times, and said versions of yeah right five times.
"Will you just enjoy this please. This happens to be a huge part of cinema history. This show is a classic and I will not have it ruined by your behavior, so put on a smile or I will make you be quiet."
"And not saying I'm not going to listen to you but how will you be making me quiet?" Alex says with innuendo dripping from his voice.
"Watch it Drac." He sighs and turns his attention towards the computer once more.
I wake up noticing that my head is resting on Alexandru's shoulder. I can't help my mind from wandering to the fact that this wild be the last time that I will wake up in the morning with him next to me. This is the last time that I will be in his room on his bed listening to him snore. Okay, maybe I wouldn't miss the snoring part so much but still, all of this that I am feeling, hearing, and seeing are all going to be the last.