The Bargain

"You really think that I would kidnap all of those girls?" Blade says slightly hurt.

"Well, you did kidnap me..." He steps closer to me.

"That is different and you know that. You are my mate. Those other girls who were kidnapped were other Alpha's mates. You see, if an American Alpha hasn't found their mate yet this year then they will go to your town and find them."

"So I'm the only girl you took." I smiles a half smile.

"The only one." I blush and look at my toes.

"So- umm, can I change back into regular clothes?" I ask after a while look up at him.

"Sure."

We walk back up into his room and I change into blue shorts and a blue tank top with some converse. As soon as I am out of the bathroom Blade announces that he is going to take a shower and he tells me to wait inside until he is done. I tell him that I think I'm going to go to the music room again. I walk out of the room and hear his shower being turned on. As I try to find my way to the music room I realize that...

1. There is no one else in this house except Blade and me.

2. Blade cannot hear or see me.

3. I have time to do a little bit of "exploring".

I smile mischievously and I turn and jog to the front door. I open and close it extra quietly. I run out of the house and down a path. I follow that path for a little ways and I find myself in front of a river. I look around and realize that there is no other way to get across it other than swimming it. I hear a loud howl a ways behind me. It seems that a very angry Alpha just realized that his mate is not in the house. I don't have much time. I swim across the lake quickly and find myself running, yet again, through the woods. 'Into the woods to grandmothers house! To grandmothers house!' Stupid catchy musical songs! I continue running and then I see a town. I hear a howl behind me again, but it's much closer now. I quickly make my way into what seems to be a grocery store. I quickly walk to one of the cashiers.

"May I use your phone please?" I say anxiously looking around to make sure my mate doesn't pop up anywhere.

"Sure.." The cashier says quite creeped out by my attitude. I take the phone from her and quickly dial Bennie's number. She picks up on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Bennie, it's me, Belle."

"Belle?! Oh my gosh what the heck is wrong with you. I don't like this little prank you're pulling on me, going away on the day the girls get kidnapped!"

"Bennie it's not a joke! You have to believe me!"

"Yeah right. I knew I should've never moved in with you. You're such a-" The phone is snatched from my hand. I look to see a very livid Blade in front of me. The phone starts to break into hopeless pieces in front of my eyes. His face is red from rage.

"A- A- Alpha." The cashier stutters bowing her head. He doesn't even turn to acknowledge her. He just stares straight at me.

"Haha" I say nervously my voice cracking. "You found me. This time you hide and I go find you. I'll count to one hundred." But his face only becomes redder and his fists clench harder I swear he's going to pop a vein or something. "Or maybe we could just walk back to the house, that sounds fun too." I say. His face stays the same. I am in BIG trouble. I walk to the doors and I hear him following me. We don't talk the entire time. We make it inside the house where I see things are strewn all over the place. I wince. He is going to murder me. I look down and see a clock that once used to be up on the wall and realize that it is dinner time.

"You want me to make dinner now?" I look and see him just staring at me. "OK so maybe you're not hungry now, well you will be once I'm done." I hope he will anyway. I make my way to the kitchen with "my shadow" following closely behind me. He sits on the bar stool and continues to stare at me.

"So, what do you want to eat?" I ask nervously. He continues to stare. "Have you not blinked yet?" Stare. "Wow, tough crowd." Stare. At least his face is back to its original color. "How about tacos and homemade churros?" Stare "Ok... how about one blink for no and no blinking for yes." Stare "Ok I'll get started. I whip everything together and the entire time I feel his eyes on me. I set everything up and sit next to him. He turns to me and you guessed it... stares.

"Why?" I stiffen at the sound of his voice. He seems really hurt. "Why do you continue to run from me? I will give you anything you ask for. Would living with me be so terrible? Do you hate me that much?!" His eyes start to water which takes me off guard. I feel like s*** right now.

"I- I don't hate you. It's just- I'm scared." I choke back a sob and turn away from him and he pulls me into a hug. I try to stop crying but my eyes refuse to listen. I feel him crying also. It is the last thing that I would expect from an Alpha. I quickly stop myself from crying any longer and I pull away from our hug. "I'm sorry." I say quietly. He pulls my chin up so I'm looking into his eyes.

"No need to be sorry. How about we make a little deal. You stay with me for three months. During these months you must at least try to get along with me and my pack and not run away. If by the end of these months if you still wish to leave... then you may. Agreed?"

"Agreed. Good, now lets eat." He smiles slightly.

We finish eating and he leans back in his seat.

"Are you sure you're not related to Bobby Flay?"

"Actually, I'm not sure- maybe." I say with a shrug. "Wait, today's the 2nd right?" I say while putting the last dish in the dishwasher and closing it.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I have a surprised look on my face.

"My birthday is tomorrow! I can't believe I forgot!" I shake my head in wonder. A smile creeps on his face.

"How old will you be?"

"18."

"What do you want?" I shrug.

"I never really got birthday presents, or cake, or cards either. Actually, I don't even think that I ever celebrated my birthday before. I guess since nobody else cared I just treated it like any other day of the year." His eyebrows shot up so quickly that I glanced at the ceiling to make sure that they didn't fly up there. Nope, we're good here.

"You never celebrated your birthday?!?! Well that's gonna have to change quick, fast and in a hurry because from here on out, we will be celebrating birthday's in this house. Starting with cake. What type of cake do you want?"

"I've never had cake before." I admit quietly.

"NEVER HAD CAKE!?!?! That's it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!" I give him a weird look.

"What on Earth are you talking about?"

"Now your telling me you've never seen Mulan?! Oh my goodness you need me. Come on, first things first, we're going to make chocolate cake then we are going to watch Mulan. OK?"

"Ok..." He hops off of the stool and pulls out a recipe book and finds one for chocolate cake. Flour is flying everywhere and we both look old because our hair is white from the flour. By the way, I wasn't the one who was getting food everywhere. Cough Cough Blade Cough Cough. We finally get the cake in the oven and everything cleaned up. We start talking while we wait for the cake to get done baking.

"Seriously though, what do you want for your birthday?"

"Blade, I honestly don't know. I never asked anyone for anything before and I was never really able to get myself stuff like that." His shoulders drop a little. I hate to see him look so discouraged so I think of something quickly. "Actually, now that I think about it, I know something." He anxiously looks at me. "Fireworks. Well not like the professional stuff but like sparklers and stuff like that. I always saw families doing stuff like that and I got kind of jealous. Oh and a bon fire! I always wanted s'mores!" He stares at me with an emotion that I can't quite decipher what it is. "What?"

"Your face lights up when you talk about stuff you love." He smiles. The timer goes off and I take out the cake. Have you ever seen Sleeping Beauty? Well, that's how lopsided our cake is.

"Well, that's interesting."