These Inconvenient Kidnappings...

I  am running. I'm not quite sure what or who I am running away from but I know the danger is great. I can not let them catch me. Stupid dress. If it weren't for this dress then I would be running a whole heck of a lot faster. I run until I am right above a large staircase. But  before I can properly go down the stairs, I fall down them. No, I don't fall, I am pushed . I scream as I fall and  I hit the bottom with a crack. There's no denying it, I am now officially dead.

                             My eyes fling open and my heart races from my terrifying  nightmare. What the heck was that all about?! I move my head around groggily and I realize that, Toto, we are not in Kansas any more. I am lying in a bed with a flowing white canopy over it. The room I am in is maroon and the ceiling is painted to look like glowing stars. The furniture is a simple white or gold. I slip out of bed and my feet touch soft maroon carpet. Where am I? Then, it all comes rushing back to me and my memories swirl around my mind like a burst of autumn wind. Blade, the wedding, and the vampire. I suddenly feel very dizzy and nauseous. I look t my left and I conveniently see an open door that leads to a bathroom. I rush to the bathroom and fall on my knees in front of the toilet and I start to release the contents of my stomach into it. I flush the toilet and rinse my mouth with water from the sink. I fall into a weak heap in the corner of the bathroom. I know that I was told to be strong but right now I feel so helpless. I don't cry. I simply close my eyes and replay the floating melodies of "Lo Ti Penso Amore" in my head until I am calm. There is a knock at the door. I sit up straight in reflex so I am ready in case the person who knocked is dangerous. An old woman around the age of sixty walks into the bathroom.

"Oh my! Are you alright child?" She asks me, her face showing wisdom and care.

"Well, for starters my wedding was crashed, I have been kidnapped by a sadistic vampire who speaks in bumper stickers, I just threw up a lung over there, and I'm getting a migraine. Other than that, I am just fan-flippin-tastic." Okay, maybe that was a little harsh to say to a little five foot two sixty year old grandma but hey, I've been having a rough day today. The woman just smiles understandingly and walks over to me. She reaches out her hand and helps me stand up.

"I know it's a lot to take in princess but the king is going to be more than glad to explain your current- ahhh- dilemma. So, as of right now, I am going to help you get ready. First things first, you need to shower and brush your teeth because, sorry to be blunt, but you smell a little funky." I give her a quizzical look but do as she says because showers can sometimes calm me down. At first I debate whether or not I actually want to go and see this king, whoever he may be, but then I tell myself that I can't avoid theses things forever. Once I am done, she helps me into a Victorian looking dress and fixes my hair. I learn her name is Betty and she has been working in the castle virtually her entire life. Betty finishes my make up and hands me a unique pair of shoes.

"Glass slippers? Really?" She just laughs and I slip them on.

"Come on now princess, the king is waiting." I follow her lead as we make our way down a long hallway and I stop short once I see a flight of super scary curved stairs. "What's the matter princess?" Betty asks.

"I'm not too fond of stairs. Is there like an elevator or something around here?"

"I'm afraid not ma'am." She says shaking her head seriously. I fake a small smile at her and follow her slowly down the stairs staying as far away from the open end of them as possible. I grip the railing like it is the last snickers bar in a room full of PMSing women. She leads me down a large hallway and into an immense dining room. A man has his back turned towards me as he looks out a large window with flowing cream curtains.

"I must take my leave now ma'am." Betty says with a mysterious glint in her eyes and she slips out of the door before I can protest. I am now stuck in a room with my bloody captor. Isn't that just a slice of peach pie. I stand there in silence for a while waiting for him to begin the conversation and when he doesn't I can't refrain from making a sarcastic comment.

"Are you just going to stand there all day or are we going to get down to the point where you explain to me- well, I don't know, maybe why I am here and not at my honeymoon right now!" He chuckles, a deep vibration that is soothing yet ominous at the same time.

"Honestly, love, I'm surprised that you even made it down here without putting up a fight. I didn't think that you were that excited to see me again." My eyes widen when I realize who is standing in front of me. The king of vampires is the same man that haunts my nightmares and took me to this garish place. He turns around wearing a smirk. I take a breath getting ready to yell at him when suddenly I throw up. Yup, I just regurgitate all over the expensive looking carpet. It just comes out without a warning. Once I finish pouring out my heart on his carpet, I start to cough. Oh my gosh I'm dying over here. The king in front of me rushes to my side.

"Are you alright?" I give him the duh look as well as I can while coughing.

"Does it look like I'm ok?" I say in between coughs. My eyes widen in shock when I see blood coming out of my mouth every time I cough.

"Ceea ce a că monstru făcut pentru tine, iubirea mea?" He touches my face and I instantly stop coughing. I stare at him in awe as I realize that my pain has gone away.

"Don't touch me." I snap finally out of my daze. He looks pained at my comment but quickly recovers.

"I believe I owe you some answers. Come, let us sit." This dude is crazy. First he's all 'make your choice.' Then he's all, 'you killed him and let's kidnap you.' Now he's all, 'let us sit.' He needs to stop talking like he belongs in an asylum and start learning things call common courtesy. Such as not kidnapping someone in the middle of their wedding! He sits down on a blood red divan and follow him except I sit on the far end.

"Well, where should I start? Hmmm- let's see. Well, first of all, this isn't your first life."

"Riiight." I say disbelievingly.

"Oh, but it really is true my dear. Do you ever wonder why you are drawn to things of another time? You long to dance in a masquerade, and cannot stop listening to music of another time? Have you wondered about why you have an unusual fear of stairs. Why you feel attracted to a man like me even though you deny it? Have you wondered why you cannot use your powers against me? Well, my dear, you need to listen closely to this story. This my dear is your true story."

*

*

*

*

Well, my wonderful pack members, I am sorry for the filler chapter with the cliff hanger, I know I am so terrible but I just wanted to get this out before my life gets even more hectic with the seven thousand concerts I have coming up. UGH. Well thanks beautiful's I shall see you on the next update!!!

XOXO

-Katrina