Apparently, I Died Before...

"You, my love, were alive before this life. A long long time ago, you were born a vampire and a quarter fae. You lived in my kingdom. You were a musician in my court. A very talented musician at that. You sung and played a multitude of instruments. The first time you performed for me, I was sixteen and you were fifteen. I was in a trance the moment I saw you." He looks into my eyes deeply as if trying to will me to remember another time. It brings a slight blush to my cheeks but I can't bring myself to look away from his enchanting eyes. "We saw each other every chance we got. We told each other our deepest secrets and shared our largest dreams and passions. My parents were blinded by greed and they wished for me to marry a princess from a neighboring kingdom. I, of course refused to even consider such a ridiculous idea. How was I to love a woman I have never met? They were expecting me to be excited about such an idea of matrimony. I was appalled by the idea. My parents thought that they could persuade me by inviting her to the next ball. They wanted her to persuade me into marriage. I was unaware of this until the night of the ball. I made the grave mistake of inviting you to the ball that night, not knowing the crazy mess she was. I was introduced to her but I was repulsed by her vulgar behavior. She threw herself at me every chance she got and I ignored her. I spent many dances with you. I couldn't take my eyes off of your stunning appearance. That was when I truly realized that I was in love and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. But like all happy endings, they don't last long. That night, I bid you farewell and went to my chambers. You went upstairs to return my handkerchief that I loaned you but on your way to my room. The princess saw you. She was so overcome by jealousy that she was determined to get rid of you. You tried to escape but couldn't. She pushed you down a flight of stairs and it killed you. I awoke to a pain in my heart. I heard her sobbing and I ran to find out what the commotion was. I saw her crying over your dead body. I was crushed. My parents, reluctantly, ordered her to be executed for murder. I was so bitter with grief that I did nothing to stop it. She was executed at the same time you were buried. I was unable to go to your funereal because I was forced to go to her execution. Your father, the royal chef, poisoned all of our food. He was ruined after you died because he had no one to turn to. I, however didn't partake in the meal for I was so distressed because of your death. During dinner, I sat across the table from my mother emotionless. My father dropped his fork and when I looked up I realized that my parents couldn't breathe and right before they died, they turned to look at me. My mother had tears running down her face. I believe in their last moments, they regretted tearing us apart and inviting that girl to the masquerade. I was, of course, blamed for their passing within other races such as the fae and werewolves. I was viewed as heartless. I was a king by the age of seventeen and I felt very alone. However, I grew up, and then there was a prophecy of your birth. I was insanely excited that maybe once again I could see your face and have a second chance to that life that we were going to live. But then, some rogue vampires got wind of your birth and they attacked your parents castle. They killed you parents and were going to kill you but you were nowhere to be found. I captured and executed those vampires for doing such a horrible thing to your parents and to the fae as a whole. Then, you turned up again, but you were with Blade. It took me a while to figure it out, but Blade is truly a brilliant man. He got in touch with the witches and got them to poison your food. He put in something like a love potion in whatever you drank. That is why you've been throwing up all the time." I wrinkle my nose in distaste and I realize that my 'mess' has been magically cleaned up.  "You are not his mate. You are my beloved."

"Beloved?" I question him. He nods his head.

"Yes. It's basically the vampire form of a mate."

"How am I supposed to believe you?" He leans in and touches my cheek. My heart begins to race and my stomach starts to do somersaults.

"Do you feel that?" I nod my head. "That's what love is supposed to feel like. An endless connection between our every being. Even magic cannot duplicate that. Did you feel this intensely when Blade touched, or even looked at you?" I shake my head no, getting transfixed in his gaze once again. I should be scared. I should be running for my life. I should be screaming for help. But, oddly, I feel at home. Blade is far from my thoughts when I look into his eyes. "That, Belle, is love."

"Who are you?" I ask in wonder.

"My name is Alexandru Dalca. You may call me Alex. You are currently in my castle. Welcome to Romania Belle."
"ROMANIA!!!" I shriek.  "You took me to Romania!?"

"This is my home..."

"And you just expect me to be ok with this?! Oh Edward you got another thing comin to you sparkle boy."

"I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't compare me to such a demeaning pop culture teen fiction character." I rolled my eyes and began to make my way back up to whatever room I came from.

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you Drac." He sighs in frustration at my vampire references. I step up to the foot of the stairs and just stare at them in frustration. There has got to be another way up to my room.

"Your afraid of them." He says behind me. I put a hand on my hip and give him the bruh face.

"Wow Sherlock! You really are the sharpest tool in the shed!" I say with sarcasm dripping from my voice. I slowly make my way up the stairs while trying not to look frightened. I have a flashback to my dream where I was pushed down a flight of stairs. I stop moving by the second step and I turn back at his emotionless face. "These were the stairs weren't they. This is where I died, isn't it?" He nods his head in remorse.

"Yes." Well, that explains my irrational fear of stairs.

"I dreamed about it. I was running and I remember being frustrated with my dress because it was limiting my movement."

"You were never one for wearing large dresses all the time. You hated their restrictions." He said with a false smile. "Which reminds me, I'm throwing a party tonight. A masquerade would be a better way to describe it. It's in celebration of your return. I remember how much you loved masquerades. Betty will help you get prepared. You can eat dinner while she does your hair if you wish. Please be ready within two hours." With that, he leaves the room. Well, isn't he just a bundle of information I don't want to deal with. I sigh but I suddenly become giddy when I realize that I will be attending my very first masquerade. I am really excited. I can't wait to get dressed like the old times and dance with Alexandru. Wait, did I just really think that? Let's just see what tonight brings before I decide what to do with the rest of my life. Here we go with this rollercoaster ride again.

(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)(++)

Well Happy Halloween my lovely pack! I hope y'all have a wonderful evening!