The Pain

I wake up the next morning with an inevitable ache on my entire body. My powers pushed too much yesterday and I feel as though I had ran three marathons yesterday- in a row and after getting hit by a couple semis. I get up regardless of the pain and I get dressed. I wonder where Betty is? Maybe she quit seeing my little incident last night. I feel a little empty on the inside this morning. I guess that's my cue to wear some sweatpants. I look through my closet and I find nothing resembling sweatpants. I let out a sigh and just slip on a flowing white dress that was hidden in the back of the closet. I brush my teeth and splash some water on my face to wake myself up. But it seems I cannot shake this emptiness. There is a knock at the door. I open it with the wind since I am across the room. Note to self don't use powers after you almost tear apart a castle.

"Come in." I say with a dull voice. The young man from the night of the masquerade is standing in the door way.

"King Dalca has asked me to accompany you down to the dining room for breakfast."

"Tell him I am not hungry." I say lifelessly.

"Ma' am?"

"Tell your king that I am not feeling well enough to eat this morning. I wish to be alone."

"He will not like that Princess."

"I did not ask what he liked. I told you my answer now please leave." He bows quickly an walks with haste away from the room I am staying in. Apparently in the middle of the night I was transferred to another guest room and so was the clothes I was given. I begin to close the door but I see a shadow out off the corner of my eye. I begin to follow it but I remind myself of what happens to the girls in the horror movies that follow the ghosts. But I'm intrigued at this point so I begin to follow the shadow. It looks like a weird haze of gray. It leads my around a couple of hallways and it stops before a door and just disappears. I wonder what is on the other side. I take a deep breath and open the door. I'm astounded to see what appears to be a practice room for music. But so much more grand and old. I enter closing the door behind me as I look around and spot the lone piano. I sit down and I realize it is strategically placed so you can look out the window and on to a forest. The sun shines down on the keys beautifully. I look down and realize there is music by the piano bench. I pick up the first song which seems to be worn from being played so much. The handwritten title reads, "The Castle Behind Her Big Blue Eyes" I open it up and find the elegant notes are all handwritten also. It make me wonder who the composer is. I shrug and I set the music up on the pianos stand. I adjust myself and I begin to play the hauntingly depressing melody. The music seems to yearn for someone or something they have loved dearly. I feel myself becoming one with the song. That empty piece of me seems to be filled with the message of the notes. I have never heard a melody so pure and hopeful. I finish the last chord and I'm upset that it doesn't last longer.

"So you've found it." I whip around on the bench and find Alexandru standing there with his arms crossed leaning against the wall. I turn back around, not wanting to face him at the moment. He ruined my connection and the empty feeling is back again. I close the music and set it down on the pile.  "Did you know I wrote that?" he asks me but I continue to stare out the window. "Well, I did. In the middle of the night thinking about love. I just wanted her back. Now love is here and I am having to make more sacrifices than usual to get to her. I was so alone-"
"I am not her." I say with an edge to my voice. "Don't you understand that? Yeah, you've made some sacrifices but don't you dare talk to me about feeling alone. You have no idea what feeling alone is. Feeling alone is not having anyone to tell you happy birthday. Feeling alone is not having someone to listen. Feeling alone is the hurt and the pain lying on your heart and not having a single person wishing that it wasn't there. I get that you lost your parents but so did I. The people that raised me didn't care about me but at least the people around you cared about you. I get that you lost the love of your life and had your heart broken but at least you had loved. My heart was broken every single day because it hasn't known how to function. If I was her we would've never had any problems. This war would be over with. But I am not her. I am broken and I don't know one person on this earth that can fix me. So will you just let me go. Please? I'm so tired of trying to be what everyone wants me to be. I can handle the wait of the crown. I just can not handle the wait of everyone's expectations."

"I will not let you go. Not one moment of my life will I let you. I understand that you are not her. You've proven that point tenfold. I also understand that you've been lonely most of your life. I just want to get rid of that empty feeling that's inside of you. Trust me, I feel it too. That's what love is. Feeling, and understanding and hoping to God that I can get rid of your pain. I must go now. I have a meeting but I shall be back as soon as I can. Please take care of yourself love. I'm sorry." I hear his retreating footsteps. I turn around in hope that I can look at him one last time but I am too late, he is gone. What am I doing anymore? The shadow has appeared again and it approaches me. I tilt my head in curiosity. The shadow seems to reach out to me and it touches my arm. I immediately feel dizzy and tired. The shadow begins to take shape.

"You're her." I say. She smiles sweetly.

"My name is Iona."

"Why are you here?"

"I want to help you. Alexandru is a very complex man. He has spent many years condemning himself to solitude because of my death. I need you to get him to be the man he used to be."

"How on earth do you expect me to do that?"

++++++++++++++

Very short, sorry I just really wanted to get something out soon!!!!