Chapter 29: First Day Part 3

Start from the beginning

All of the boys were from training lessons,  but I noticed that Ian wasn't there. They all said their 'Hey's and I returned the gesture. 

I recognised Chad sitting there, looking at me with a smirk on his face. "So why are you here, birdy?" he asked.

"Birdy?" I asked with my eyebrow raised, chuckling.

"Yeah, because your name's Robyn!" he stated, as though it were obvious.

"That's like me calling you 'country'," I retaliated.

The group of boys laughed loudly and I heard a scoff from behind them.

Behind the boys, Zoe, Chloe, Sophie, Perrie and Jessica were all looking at me with disgust on their faces.

I looked over at Danielle who was sealing her lips to stop herself from laughing.

"So, why are you here?" James asked.

Suddenly forgetting my previous answer to the question, I tried to come up with the best lie possible. "It's only temporary, it's this special course thing..."

"I thought that Agent Beckitt made you move here?" I heard a strong voice say from behind me. I looked over and saw the familiar black hair and blue eyes. Wowza.

"Oh, well, yeah he did, but for the course," I answered, smiling.

He nodded his head but didn't seem convinced.

"So, Birdy, how did you do that thing back there?" Chad said, bringing my attention back to him.

 "Excuse me?" I asked confused.

"The thing with the blindfold!" Caleb said.

Danielle looked at me with a confused expression, "what blindfold thing?"

I was about to speak when Dylan interrupted me. "Oh! Well we were in training and we had to show Jeff our skills with knives and guns so we all got into this queue and took it in turns to throw knives at these big target things and when Robyn did it, she missed them all," Danielle gave a 'so-what?' look but Dylan carried on, "then she stole Jeff's beanie and covered her eyes with it and tried again and hit all of the targets with the knives right in the bullseye! It was totally awesome!"

Boy, he didn't stop talking.

Danielle grinned at me with shock, "Oh my god, Robyn!"

I heard another scoff from behind the boy's shoulders.

Everyone turned around to face the group of girls who were pleased that they got everybody's attention.

"I could sooo do that! It isn't that hard!"  Jessica sighed.

"Yeah!" Chloe said, copying Jessica with a hair flick.

All the boys looked at eachother and smirked, "Well then lets test it!" Ian suggested, grinning.

Jessica held her head up high, "we don't have any knives or anything,"

Chad rolled his eyes. "We don't need targets and knives for that, all we need is a couple of sticks and stones!"

Jessica looked a bit nervous if you ask me, but she smilied, "Bring it!"

The boys, Danielle and I began to set up targets for the girls to throw sticks at, putting rocks on railings and on the benches.

Caleb arranged the girls into a queue, starting off with Jessica.

She snorted and walked forward a bit, sticks in her hands. She looked down at her hands and whined. "My hands are grubby!"