parents

This is a parent rant so, ... yeah.

Here is what my step-dad/mother's boyfriend sat us (my sisters and I) down for. Summer rules/activities.

A. What in the living hell?
B. Stress.
C. Stress.
D. Stress.

The rules he gave us;
1. Phones; 4 hours per day.
2. Education; 30 min.+ per day.
3. Exercise; 30 min.+ per day.
4. Crafts; 30 min.+ per day.

I literally want to drink bleach after hearing this. but I'm not going to because control

At first I was like "okay I can live with this".
Not so bad, right?

But. Four hours.
I know I sound like some brat who NEEDS to text their buds and hear the newest fifth harmony song before anyone which i don't do, ew, it's not like that.

You see, four hours is for me to check Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Vine, and Wattpad.

First of all,
A. Snapchat. I rarely go on it. Along with Twitter.

B. Vine doesn't take much of my time, but, it's still a thing I use to make me feel better when I'm down or post my edits on.

C. YouTube is my obsession. I will not live without it. I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be HERE, all because I watch YouTube. It's become a part of me. People post through out the day. I MUST watch the videos or I will become a limp, depressed, vegetable.

D. Wattpad is like a job. And so is Vine. I use vine to create things using music and movement. It's a hobby of mine. I use Wattpad to write. I write. And i treat it like a job. Like a chore. A job/chore I love. Becoming a writer is definitely up in the Jobs-I'd-Like-list. So, ofc, this is what I use most of my time on.

here's the situation

My step-dad (Brian) thinks that all I do is watch YouTube. It rots the brain. You're wasting time.

No.

I write. I write when I'm on my phone. I've memorized my keyboard. Because I write so much.
Not because I watch videos I enjoy.
Because I write stories that people read.

And suddenly I need less time on what I love and more time on what I fairly dislike.

I do this creative, amazing, stress-relieving activity on my electronic that rots the brain too much, so, I have to spend less time on my phone to be more predictive.

I put my heart, blood, sweat, and soul into writing. And they don't know about this.

But, what can I do?
They already hate Wattpad because of my sister (they found her reading smut on the laptop), all they think it is is a website for pedophiles who obsess over sex. So they write it out.
I don't do that. Not my style. I get overly uncomfortable.

But if I even MENTION Wattpad and it being something I do/why I do it, they'll get worried, make me delete it, and... I don't know what I'll do.

I sound like a brat, I know. The dramatic I need Internet to live thing that kids say is what I'm supporting.
But you don't understand.

here's another situation

"I slave 10 hours, five days a week, to keep the roof over our heads and food on our plate and the wifi in tact."

Yes, and a wonderful job you're doing.
But you come home. With dinner ready. You pet your cat and visit Facebook for fifteen minutes then hog the TV.
You walk up and down a hill for work. Then what? Sit in front of a computer in an office chair? Go out to lunch, go on Facebook, call my mom, then go back to work to sit in front of a computer.

And, yes. I know. You don't understand, I'm working, you don't know how stressful it all is.

And you don't know how stressful this is.
I go to school. I work. Sit in a desk, write shit down, right? Get up, switch classes, do more shit. Do some PE, lunch, more writing?
Yeah.
But the work.
The thought. The stress.
My friends. The one girl I want to impress probably doesn't like me. And that honestly stresses me out.

Then I come home. To do more work. To you, I just sit on my ass and go on my phone to watch videos. Right?
Wrong.

I sit on my ass to write chapters on sequels of people from YouTube.
Bitch.

But we're all busy, right? You come home to nagging children, I come home to nagging Brian.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like we're even.

There are days where your work is stressful.

Boss wants papers on his desk by Monday.
You just got the memo and need to finish this pronto.

Readers want chapters on their electronics by the end of the week.
I still need to go through book 1 to clean it up.
I need to write it pronto.

You need to make the papers good.
I need to make the chapters good.
You have a deadline. And sometimes take work home.
I have deadlines for myself. And sometimes I take work on vacations.
Hence, summer.

Summer vacation is for relaxing and refreshing before going back to work.

All you're making us do is more work.

exercise. PE.
crafts. Language Arts/elective.
education. Uhhhh school???
phone. after school. EXCEPT LESS TIME.

And then chores. Like normal.

this is bull shit.

Do not give me the "I don't get vacation like you do" shit, you chose that job, it's not like I want to do this work! It's not like I want to go to this school!

"I don't wanna work," well you chose that fucking lifestyle. You chose that fucking job, you knew what you were getting yourself into.

"I didn't have iPhones in my day" well I'm sure there was that one thing you liked but parents disagreed with, right?

And we aren't in your day, so, chill fam.

Fuck your rules that make me absolutely want to kill myself because you may be doing it because you love us, but it's not helping anything. It's stressful knowing that I can't do what I enjoy for an amount of time I can deal with.

You're being a dick, with these fucking rules.

By the way; I have summer school.

And I still have to live through this hell of stupid fucking summer rules?

Opinions, guys. What do you think?

Is my stepdad/mother (my parents, lol) being unreasonable or do you stand by them?

Please and thank you for reading my list of why I hate everything.

From your sick friend, me✌️(I've got some shit cold pray)