Chapter 25: The Best Gift

Unbelievable how quickly time flies by, Thanksgiving and the Poconos only seemed like just yesterday! Ever since we've made it home Ethan has been staying with me during the week at my house and the weekends are spent at his house.

His patience with everything is just a dream come true. He hasn't complained once about the 45 minute drive from my house to NYU and back everyday, saying that it's worth holding me each night and waking up next to me in the morning. I couldn't ask for a more perfect boyfriend.

Like I previously thought, Zac hasn't even tried to make things better. I really felt deep down inside after what Reese told me she heard that day on the slopes, things would somehow magically change and he'd come back asking for us to be friends again...but no such luck.

We both continued to hang around the same group of people, but somehow avoided one another. High school life has changed so dramatically for me, I'm actually popular and have friends now...but not the one friend I thought would be there for me forever. I really missed Zac.

It was already Christmas break, Ethan was flying back to France. We agreed that we'd spend the holidays apart, since we're always together...each of us with our own families.

Friday evening and here I was standing at JFK airport, Gate 19 staring at his handsome face. Trying to memorize every single thing about him, I wouldn't be seeing him for a week...7 entire days without him.

"I'll be back before you know it, love. New Year's will be one we'll never forget." Ethan promised as his hand caressed my left cheek. "At least try and enjoy your time without me, I'm sure you're so sick of having me around." He grinned his heartbreaking smile at me.

"I'd never get sick of having you around." I cringed at the thought of not having Ethan in my life. "And I'll hold you to that promise...about New Year's." I teased as I smirked up at him, standing on my tiptoes to give him a sweet kiss.

I was practically on the verge of tears, but for Ethan's sake I held them back. I couldn't brighten up my mood, I was so sad to see him leave. If I could go with him I would, but my parents made it mandatory for me to spend Christmas with them and to make matters even worse we were going to the Sullivan's like every year!

"I'm going to miss you so much." Ethan whispered against my lips. "I'll be sure to send Elisha all your love." He reassured me giving me another peck on the lips.

I nodded my head slightly. "Hurry back home to me baby." Was the only thing I could manage to choke out as I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist, tucking my face into his neck and inhaling his cologne. "I love you."

"I love you too beautiful." Ethan said huskily as he pulled back, kissing me so passionately my knees buckled.

His lips tasted of his usual mint flavor, as his tongue explored mine. His hands roamed up my back and into my hair. My hands gripped tightly at the back of his shirt trying to pull him closer to me. I couldn't wait for him to come back and he hasn't even left yet...how pathetic!

"Final boarding call for Flight 225 to Paris, France." Was the evil voice that came over the intercom.

We pulled away from one another out of breath. "I better get going love. I'll call you as soon as the plane lands ok?" His eyes burned into mine.

My head nodded in agreement as I stood there and wrapped my arms around myself. Watching his muscular back walk away from me was depressing. As he handed the woman his boarding pass he looked over at me one final time and gave me one of his breathtaking smirks as he mouthed 'I love you.' and winked at me.

Mom and Dad were already home when I arrived back from the airport. They had an event one of their friend's was hosting that they needed to attend. So they'd be home for the next four days. At least I wouldn't be home alone for a few days.