Chapter 16: The Confrontation

Zac has been extremely busy with football practice for the upcoming game. He's also been hanging out with the guys afterwards and the only real time we get to spend with one another is when we sleep and during our classes.

Our friendship is still going strong, but I can't help but feel as though we're drifting apart. Each of us doing our own thing in life.

It felt as though the days of the week were slowly dragging by, but I know it was just my imagination. I was so eager to see Ethan again. We spoke to one another every day and I couldn't wait for the weekend to come.

I supposed what happened between Zac and Hailey was a drunken mistake, because they acted like nothing ever happened between them.

Reese sat next to me at lunch everyday and came over to hang out after school. We've gotten to be great girl friends. Hailey seemed to be pissed at Reese for even thinking of hanging out with me, so she basically cut her off.

Cutting Reese off meant losing about sixty percent of her "so called" friends. Reese's friends were faithful to her and could care less about losing Hailey's fake friendship.

It didn't seem to bother Reese so much. She told me she'd rather have a true friend in me, than a two time back stabber like Hailey.

She trusted in me to tell me about the time in freshman year that she caught Hailey making out with her boyfriend. Hailey never even apologized, all she did say was that Reese was too good for him.

I told Reese she was too good of a person to subject herself to someone like Hailey and she agreed.

Finally it was Friday, I was going to be at the game to cheer on the guys...especially Zac. I didn't forget about the deal we made that I'd wear his jersey to show support.

"Can I count on you to be at the game tonight Kai?" Zac asked as the last bell rang.

"Of course Zachy, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides Chad already made me promise him I'd come."

"Good, I'll see you later Kai." Zac said as he hugged me quickly and kissed me on the cheek.

"Later Zachy."

After school I went home to pack my bags for tomorrow morning. I caught up on some reading before I had to go back to school for the game at 7:00 PM. It was still early so I decided to call Ethan.

"Hey love."

"Hi, what're you up to?" I asked as I flipped over onto my stomach to lay on my bed.

"Nothing...I'm here counting down the minutes until I get to see you tomorrow." He answered and I could hear him smiling into the phone.

"Aww I bet you use that line on all the girls." I joked, thankful he couldn't see me right now because my cheeks were beet red. "Do you and AJ have plans for tonight? Any hot parties or are you guys going to the clubs?"

"I'm not sure yet, I'll have to ask AJ what he wants to do." A small part of me really wished he didn't do either because I knew the girls would be throwing themselves at their feet. "So do you have plans to hit up any parties after the game, love?"

"Umm I don't know...maybe...why?" I answered knowing damn well I didn't plan on going to any party.

"Oh." Disappointment laced his voice. "Who's party is it?"

"Why do you ask?" I smiled thinking how cute he is worrying that I'm going to a party.

"No reason."

"Awww Ethan are you jealous?"

"No...maybe...ok yes I'm jealous." Ethan admitted. "I'm jealous all these guys get to see my beautiful girlfriend everyday while I have to wait a full week to see you."