Chapter 7: Jealousy a Two Way Street (Picture of Reese)

When we arrived at my house, I parked my car in the garage and jumped into the passenger side of Zac's Escalade.

"Hmm, I'm thinking I made a mistake in picking that car for you! You're a speed demon, not good...not good." Zac said with a smirk. "Maybe I need to mention this to good ol' Uncle Tyson and Aunt Lana." He winked at me as he said the names of my parents. Our families so close we called each others parents uncle and auntie.

Shock flashed across my face. "You wouldn't dare...Zachy!" I squealed. If he even remotely mentioned I was driving dangerously to my mom and dad, they'd take the car back. I stuck my tongue out childishly and said. "You're just jealous my car's faster than yours." I teased.

"Yea that's it I'm jealous." He admitted. "So you think you'll ever let me drive it?" He asked.

"I was actually hoping you'd drive us to school in it. We could leave your truck here and give it a rest. There's no point in driving two separate cars if we'll be together all the time anyways, right?" I suggested. "I'm still kinda nervous driving by myself." I fessed up.

I prayed silently that he wouldn't catch onto my eagerness in spending all of our time together. This summer apart made me realize just how much I needed Zac in my life. Just the thought of being without him made me feel incomplete.

"Awesome Idea." He grinned flashing his perfect smile.

He drove us over to Bally's Total Fitness. We made our way in and signed up for a yearly membership with a personal trainer included. Zac insisted on paying for my membership along with his.

We agreed to begin our work out starting tomorrow by going for a jog early in the morning and then go to the gym in the afternoon after school. Football try-outs weren't for another month.

"Zachy, seriously I can pay for my own membership. You don't have to treat me like a child." I pouted while making our way back to the car. "We need to stop at the grocery store and do some serious food shopping. Time to throw out the old junk food and in with the new healthy goodness."

Zac always took charge of everything in our lives. Like I was the little sister he never had. Always the mature one who made all the 'responsible' decisions. I don't know where I'd be without him. Probably locked up in either a psychiatric ward due to all the teasing or in a juvenile detention center for acting out.

"Ok to grocery shopping and I'm not treating you like a child, Kai. Besides you'll be making it up to me by cooking me dinner for infinity." He laughed.

"Infinity?" I said baffled. "Infinity is a long time Zachariah, I'm not so sure you'll want me around for infinity." I mumbled as I skipped along beside him.

He stopped walking and stood directly in front of me, those mint green eyes baring down into mine. I immediately wanted to jump into his arms, I wanted to tell him how much I missed him and needed him in my life. My hands started to shake slightly, I could feel the thumping of my heart beat speeding up against my chest.

"I'll always want you around Kai, to infinity and beyond." He said with a straight face.

I busted out laughing, doubling over in hysterics. Tears ran down my face from laughing so hard and it was difficult for me to breathe. "O...o...ok whatever you say buzz lightyear!" I managed to utter out between breaths.

"Way to ruin the moment Kai, real mature." Zac scowled before laughing. He picked me up and put me into the truck, seeing as though I was still busy laughing and trying to catch my breath.

We stopped over at Zac's house so he could pick up some clothes. He made the decision to stay over at my house for the week, not wanting to leave me all alone. I couldn't be happier with the decision. No complaints from the peanut gallery here.