Chapter 12: Birthday at the Club (Picture of Aiden)

When we arrived at my house it was as if the past two weeks of us moping around miserably ignoring one another, never even happened. We snapped right back into our old routine, he took his place comfortably on the sofa and I right next to him.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked while grabbing the remote, getting ready to turn on the tv.

"Surprise me." He answered shrugging his shoulders and smiling. "I've missed your cooking, I've been living off of wraps and pre-packaged salads for the past two weeks."

I felt like crap knowing that Zac was never one to cook, he always depended on me for that. "Ok, but you wanted to talk...so let's get that done and over with first."

He grabbed my hands into his and turned his body to face me causing warm tingly sparks to flutter from my fingertips all the way throughout my body. I blinked my eyes frantically trying to remain focused on the task at hand. Trying my hardest not to get lost in those mint green eyes.

"I just wanted to say how truly sorry I am for hurting you with what I said, I didn't mean it. I don't know what came over me. There's no excuse for my behavior and I'm just really sorry." He apologized while guiltily gazing into my eyes. My heart melted instantaneously on impact.

"Don't be sorry Zac, I'm the one who should be sorry...for all those mean horrible things I said." I looked away sadly. "I can't picture not ever being your friend."

"Well you don't have to worry about me not being your friend, because it's too late for that. You're stuck with me forever." He grinned while pulling me into a hug. "Now onto dinner...I'm starving for a home cooked meal!" He chuckled.

Being friends with Zac again made everything seem so much better, like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Friday passed by in a blur and before I knew it, Saturday evening was among us.

We went out earlier this afternoon to pick up a gift that we both chipped in for. What do you get someone who already has everything they could possibly ever want? We decided on a football jersey of his favorite team of course the New York Giants and a gift card for footlocker. Aiden is a sneaker fanatic so that was the obvious choice.

At the present time, I stood in my closet trying to pick out an outfit to wear to the club tonight for Aiden's birthday. Zac was currently at home getting dressed. My hair flowed down to mid back in jumbo curls and my make up was simply clear gloss, mascara, smokey purple eyeshadow, and charcoal eyeliner.

I finally decided on a strapless white mini tube dress with my purple peep toe pumps. I dressed quickly and went downstairs. I heard a low whistle while I stood in the kitchen making our sandwiches for dinner. I blushed slightly as I turned around to face Zac standing in the doorway.

He knocked the breath right out of me, dressed from head to toe in armani. A black long sleeved button up, jeans that fit him perfectly, and black shiny boots. His sandy blond hair spiked up into all different directions.

"WOW." Zac said under his breath. "You look amazing Kai."

"Thanks Zachy, you look really handsome." I managed to smile brightly. "Now eat up we have to get going."

The club Aiden chose is conveniently in the city so it's about an hour away. The place is called Vudu Lounge and one of his good friend's works the door, so he got all of our names put on the VIP list.

We took my car, Zac driving at full speed of course and made it there within a half hour.

When we pulled up outside the club we could see a line of people trying to enter wrapped around the block.

Zac valet parked the car and he came around taking my hand in his as we walked directly up to the bouncer at the front with the clipboard per Aiden's orders.