Chapter 17

I didn't know when I woke up the next morning but I felt like a storm had hit me. My feet still seemed sore from all the walking and my shoulders hurt from carrying the pack. The sun was shining brightly in the window. That was the only reason I had woken up. I forgot to close the drape last night so the sun was in my eyes. Even though it was late in the day I wanted to go back to bed and sleep. I didn't feel like getting up but I knew I'd be up in the night if I didn't get up now.

Reluctantly I got up off the bench and headed to the kitchen. There was food that had to be eaten today or tomorrow before it got rotten or spoiled from lack of storage. It felt weird being able to eat in the morning even just walking into the kitchen knowing there was food. I shook the feeling off and grabbed an apple from the cabinet. It was a bit bruised from the ride over but it was food. I took a bite out of the juicy apple. It taste better then it looked.

I strolled over to the next room to see if Will was up. He was laid out on the floor asleep. The blankets were half way off his body and his pillow was scrunched at his head. I took another bite from the apple before walking back to the kitchen. I felt like I was dirty not having a way to wash at Pete's house. The pack with my other clothes was on a chair in the corner. I walked over to it and picked it up.

With my pack over my sore shoulder I walked outside and headed out to bath. Being in the sun helped me get up and the energy the apple was able to give me made the day seem brighter. The walk was the best part to the hidden waterfall. The trees made for nice shade but the leaves let in light just enough to light up the pathway I used. It illuminated the way to the waterfall. The singing birds helped lighten the stress of the other night. It also helped make me feel a lot better about myself. I didn't even need to wash up to feel good with this beautiful day.

I reached the waterfall in a half hour. The water was flowing down the river making a steady current. It made a deep pool of water before it flowed down stream. I put all my stuff at the bottom bank of the waterfall. I'd end up at the bottom when I was finished with my bath. 

The water was spraying up from the fall. It was causing my stuff to get wet so I hid everything behind a bush hoping it would keep it dry. I made the climb to the top of the rocks. The slopes were slippery. It was a dangerous climb to the top.

At the top of the waterfall I looked down the waterfall. The draft from the waterfall made me shiver from head to toe. I took a deep breath and dove from the top. The fall seemed to take forever and the wind made me shiver more. 

Cool water hit my skin in a refreshing burst. Now I was under water looking at the life beneath the surface. It was an interesting life to watch so I swam under until I had to come up for a breath. I came up from the surface gasping. I flipped my hair out of my face so I could see where I had ended up. I had become closer to the fall. The spray from it hit my face but this time it was comforting, not freezing. It felt good, relaxing.

My hair soaked my neck and flowed in the water. I treaded the water while looking up at the waterfall. It was beautiful. The sun shined on the water particles making the air seem to sparkle. The waterfall fell down with great pressure until it reached the bottom where it dispersed into what seemed like nothing. It seemed like the water would fall down on you hard and fierce but it just sprinkles down when it finally hit you. Birds flew over the water making it seem like an easy thing to do. They just glide right by the water like it was nothing. It seemed like it would be amazing to get that close to the fall.

I was staring up at the waterfall when I heard a rustle from a bush to my left. I turned and stared at the woods trying to see what it was. The shadows of the woods were too thick for me to see anything. I turned away from the woods and dove under water. Who ever was in the woods had seen me and I had to get away.