Chapter 15

I came back to where I was after that. I had no idea why I have gone back to that day but I did. It made me feel good to remember a good time in my life. A time where things were a bit simpler.

The whole time I was remembering, time had kept going in the present. The next thing I knew it was around late evening. I had been so caught up in the past I didn't even realize the sun had moved to the other side of the house.

The kids would be in soon along with Pete for dinner. I had wasted time thinking and I was glad about it. I had found a way to occupy myself and still concentration. All I needed was my self. That was all I had asked for, time to be consumed.

I lifted my head off my arms. My head was out of it. The world I saw seemed to be unreal like it was the dream. It took me a few minutes to right my head and to convince it that this was the real world. For some reason I couldn't shake off the feeling of being in an unreal world. I kept feeling like I woke up from a dream. I know that I hadn't been sleeping though just daydreaming for a long time.

My head had to clear before I remembered Will was in the next room. I patted my head to make sure I was wearing my hat. Even though I didn't hear him come up to the door I had to be sure. It was never wrong to be too careful.

As once as I was sure that nothing happened to give me away I got up from the table. My limbs were stiff so I had to stretch them out. My wrist cracked on my left hand and my right arm had fallen asleep. I had to move it around a bunch of times to get it feeling normal again. The stretching also cracked my lower back. It felt really good when it cracked.

Since I assumed Pete and the kids would be in soon I decided to wake Will to let him know. I walked round the table to make sure my legs were functioning properly. I had been sitting long enough for them to be wobbly. After I was sure they were fine for me to use I walked to the sleeping area door. Slowly I opened it to try to make as little noise as possible. The door squeaked a few times before I got it opened right away.

I found Will in the room working out. He seemed to be in the middle of doing some offense that no doubtingly he picked up from me while I helped him practice his defense. People do pick up on other thing if they are determined enough to learn. Of course Pete had been right, he always was when it came to stuff like that. I was happy he would teach Alicia how to fight correctly. He would do it correctly and she wouldn't end up badly hurt like Will had been. She was too smart for that.

Causally I walked in the room and throw my pack in its original spot. Will stopped at the noise and turned my way ready. At least he learned one thing I had tried to get into his head in a month. Be prepared for anything. It reassured me that I was doing something right. He still had to work on his stance but everything else was right. I could tell him later.

Will relaxed when he saw that it was me. I grabbed his placemat and threw it at him. "Help me set the table up so we can eat. Pete and the kids should be coming in soon so I'd like it to be ready." Just then I heard a door open then close shut. Pete had come through the front door. "Never mind you set up while I help cook the food. Pete is in." I told him.

We headed to the room one over. Pete was getting the food out when we walked in. I headed towards him to help out. Will walked to the cabinets to get plates. We had everything set up and most of the food cooked when the kids came in. Like animals they tried to knock down Will where he was sitting. They started horse around in the kitchen.

They almost broke two things if I hadn't caught them before Pete said, "That's enough guys and girls if you're going to mess around do it in a different room, preferably somewhere where you can do minimal damage. Now get." All the kids ran off to their rooms dragging Will along with them. Anyone could see that he wasn't looking forward to going back to his prison.