Chapter 7

The next day I woke up before the sun hit the horizon. My body told me it was time to wake up to start the day. The sky was still dark and birds weren't up yet. If the early bird catches the warm then I would have caught tons before any woke up.

Sometimes in the night I had kicked off my blankets and took off my hat. I searched for my hat in my blanket pile. It wasn't there. It wasn't on the floor or under my pillow. If I couldn't find it my hat people would find out the truth. 

A sigh left me when I found it in the wall.

My morning schedule started. I took a bath, fixed my bed; I was going to eat when I remembered having to stay low for a while so I skipped breakfast, and then I started my morning work out. That consisted of three parts: running, flexibility, and combat.

I started out running to avoid the heat that would come with the sun. I readied for running by stretching first. I stretched out my legs and did a few sprints back and forth to warm up. When I was done I was ready to run. I had started by the house first working my way into the forest. For a couple of yards I could just run straight until I hit a huge tree. After hitting the marker I'd turn left curving my way back to the pond. As once I hit the next marker I'd head towards a clearing not getting to close to it, then I headed back to the house. My total run took about an hour and a half. Long enough for the sun to start to peak over the land.

Flexibility came next and it was always difficult for me. It took me some time to be able to stretch out my muscles, back, and legs before I could get started. Since I hurt my body when I was young stretching my back has always been difficult.

My favorite part in the day's workout came next. Combat training. For some reason practicing techniques for hand-to-hand combat was exhilarating. Muscle memory helped give it a soothing, exciting feeling. I could have a tree in front of me and just hit it professionally with out thinking. It gave me time to think while staying fit, letting the sun come up.

My head came out of the clouds when I notices breathing coming from behind me. I turned suddenly fist flying when I realized it was Will. My fist stopped inches from his face. His eyes were wide and he was breathing hard while watching my fist. I dropped my arm letting it hang by my side.

"Never sneak up on me. You're lucky I caught myself in time. If you were another step my way you'd have a broken nose." My warning came out deadly fierce. Sighing deeply I went back to my workout.

I took me a few more minutes to get back into it knowing Will was behind me but eventually I got my muscles doing all the work again. I'd punch the tree a few times. Left, right, left, left, right, left, right. Slowly I would transition to kicking it. Left, right, right, spin kick. When my head was out of the work out my body would switch it up.

My rhythm broke with Will saying, "Could you teach me how to fight like that? I want to learn."

"No," I replied sharply.

"Why not? It will give you something to do," He explained.

"Last time I checked you have something to do. A little house work needs to be done and I don't see it getting done."

"Okay, you have a point but what about afterwards when I'm done?"

I took a second to think. "I'll find something for you to do," I simply stated.

"Fine. If you won't do if for me do it for yourself." His eyes pleaded with me.

"What could possible be in it for me?"

I got him stuck a second. He thought hard trying to figure out something that would change my state of mind. His expression changed suddenly when he figured out the answer.