Chapter 10

The next day I was up with the sun. I had gotten a quick workout in before the sun was that far above the horizon. When I finished I went inside to pack up some gear. All my things were either in the kitchen or in my bedroom spot so I didn't have to wake up Will. Normally I didn't carry so much gear on me but I figured people were still told to watch for me and I couldn't be too careful. I also didn't want to wake Will up because he would have wanted to come.

I decided to be prepared as much as I could. I hide knives in my waistband and in my sleeves. I put a pouch on around my waist to carry some extra things. A sewing kit was in there along with bandages, water, some small knives, some dried berries, and healing herbs were in the pouch. Everything that I needed was in the pouch or on me. Then I put my cloak with the hood down on.

I had just finished packing everything and was ready to leave when Will walked in. I quietly swore to my self. He wasn't supposed to be up. I was supposed to be gone before he woke up. Now what am I to do?

Will crossed his arms around his chest and leaned in the doorway blocking my way. "Where are you going?" He asked; clearly not please at me trying to leave him behind.

"I'm going on a hike in the forest." I lied smoothly.

"What's with all that stuff then?" He clearly didn't believe me.

I answered quickly, "Just incase I fall or something.'

"Really so you wouldn't mind if I came along?" He asked. "Can I come along?"

"No" I replied too quickly. Damn. He knew I wasn't doing what I was saying. "I need a break. You can stay and practice here." I tried to correct myself.

"Is that so? Well I'm going to come with, unless, you don't want me to come. But you wouldn't say no unless you aren't going for a hike." He told me.

I sighed knowing he already knew "Fine. I'm not going for hike. I'm going to the market and you can't come." I said before he could respond.

"That seems like that is a lot for only going to the market. Why so much? You don't need weapons for the market, do you?"

"Let me put it this way, since my little fight for you I've been targeted by a powerful group. I'm wanted to have rematch against though I highly doubt that's their real intentions."

"Why don't you just fight them then. I know you can win. You already have."

"It won't be that easy knowing groups like that. When you beat them you not only insulted and humiliated the people you beat but also the group. The group will try to gain back their pride by fighting and beating me. They will try to achieve this through any way possible. It's not safe for me to be around the market with a target on me. Someone would rat me out for what ever it is that is being offered to him or her."

Will said the next the exact thing I predicted him to. "Then let me go get what ever you are getting. No one is after me."

I shook my head . "Two problems with that. First off you would get caught stealing if you went. You're good I'll admit but not that good." I continued before he could say anything, "Secondly they will come after you, Will."

"What! Why?" He exclaimed.

"They will want to finished what they started firstly. Secondly, they think they can get to me through you. They will think that if they got you then I would save you again. They'd be right because you're my responsibility now, even if you or I think other wise, I'd have to come get you. Plus your skills are average at best. If you were by yourself they would get you."