Oh Boy, A Fight!

Eros opened all of the portals at once, and as he did, eight gaping holes appeared in the ground, all offering passage to eight different points on the mages' island. Eros entered through first, riding upon Sicily, which meant that everybody else in Fort Alpine was to follow his lead. The masses were flooding into the portal, ready to lay siege.

Cerci was the first one to step through, and it was her who would lead a good majority of the Druids. She entered alongside Hank and Surge, who had jumped in right after her. Upon the sky above swung a Sandslash and Flygon suspended in the air, headed towards the center of the castle. Cerci, attempting to remember the plan that she had put in place, observed the fields of cobblestone around her. She was surprised when she found out that some kind of battle was already going on- between the mages themselves, at a first glance.

But the first glance was not enough. The metal Golurk stepped forwards and drew the attention of the mages in the general vicinity, but they didn't attack her; Rather, they focused on attacking the other black-clad mages, who seemed extremely abnormal. This aberration might have been attributed to the fact that all of the mages on one side of this conflict were no more than zombies or skeletons. She stepped forwards and received a fireball towards her face, although she had easily shaken it off. The sending mage, as it appeared, was no more than a fraction of the former human being who remained, the face no more than two empty sockets and a skull. It seemed to be a battle between the living and the dead, and that meant Cerci's plans were immediately thrown out.

Cerci turned to Hank. "Change of plans. Signal for the Druids to fight the undead."

Hank nodded and spoke into some device on his wrist. "Command them to attack the undead." A moment after this was rehearsed, a mental message reverberated throughout the Druids and Hank, verbatim as to what he said. The Druids who were on the island took a few moments to retreat and think through what they meant, but they were soon to attack the undead mages. The Druids were truly a fantastic force to be reckoned with, despite facing more powerful magicians. They would receive thunderbolts, spears of ice, balls of fire, bolts of pure magic, and even a few waves of darkness; And yet, very little of this chaos would harm the Druids, for they were much too mobile to be struck by such attacks. Some of the Druids, through transformation, would phase through the ground, soar through the air or outright dance around the chaos, approaching the undead and using their own natural weapons against them. Yes, the bones and helpless flesh bodies would easily stand back up after every strike, but the attacks that focused around magic seemed to put them down for good, leaving trails of bone dust and dismembered bodies in their wake.

Unfortunately, just as one may have expected, the very Druids who fell to the undead eventually joined their ranks, turning on their allies and using their very same transformation magic to maim their targets. The trouble in the fight was that allies started to lose track of each other, and once thought friends managed to stab each other in the back- something that they would have fled from immediately, if they didn't hope that their leader would find the root of this evil. It was only through their wills that they could stand against an otherwise unstoppable force, managing to buy as much time for Eros as he needed.

After the Druids came through, Chamberlain, Bidoofy and Manus led the army of Aggrons through, as well as the various bits of support that they found in the guilds. The Aggrons raised their steel weapons high, striking down the undead mages one by one; And, with such great force behind the blows, as well as due to the infallible fortitude of the steel army, the undead were pushed back through the city, advancing the front line house by house. The mages didn't question this help and fought at the side of the Druids, pushing the undead back to the inner city limits.

With room to breathe and an army at her back, Cerci decided to move the golem to one of the mages far behind the front line and start interrogation it (politely). "What happened here?"