Hank and Cerci, pt 3

---
As a special celebration for obtaining 500 reads, tonight's reading of "Pokedruids" is dictated by special guest star Morgan Freeman.
---

Hank and Cerci were sitting in the car, trying to stay hidden from the witch hunters outside their safe vehicle. Men and woman prancing around in red outfits, as well as a few Pokemon. The people appeared abnormally harsh and aggressive at the thought of witches and shape shifters, with a good majority of people holding flaming torches in the night. Police were trying to keep the people under control, but in the distance it could be seen that a few Pokemon and humans alike were tied up and burnt, a dark and grim scene even for Ashport.

"Look, Hank, they're about to approve martial law. What have you done?"

"Look, Mister Smooth Richard, I ain't done nothing..."

Cerci put her finger in front of Hank's lips, continuing in his place with, "Look, we need more allies than we're making. Mister... Richard. What that man says about my abilities is true." This was met with the raise of a single brow. "I can change forms, but I can't do much else. However, I can certainly say that I'm not abusing my powers. In fact, I have done nothing to affect human civilization in the least."

One of the grunts near the front spoke up, "Yo, how's that little chat going with the bitch back there?"

Richard responded, "Hey, show some respect. We got a wizard of sorts up in our joint."

"Say what?"

"And if any of you get any ideas, I will personally come and pop one in to each of your living relatives, making sure the last thing they see is their Pokemon dead on the floor, you got that? This is a friend, here." He leaned forwards, speaking softly to the two. "Hank, you have done your community a service. As for this girl here, why should I trust her?"

Hank looked up to answer, but Cerci interrupted in his place once more. "Look, sir, there's nothing I can do to earn your trust, since I'm not meddling with your... Whatever this is."

Richard stared at Cerci for a while before responding, "Everybody got to be chasin' after something. What you chasin'?"

"I seek to power a magical device called equilibrium. It'll make the world more balanced, for peace and alike."

"Oh. Well, I might not comprehend this magical didilyshit, but I can see what you're getting at. You see, I come from a reputable (not really) organization called Estrella, and we seek peace and shit. You see, people are oppressed by the big machine, and ain't nobody a trainer no more. You and me are on the same level, girl, and I wanna help you. That is, as long as you keep my- I'm sorry, I mean OUR interests in mind- this can work out. You know, for a better world and all."

"Eh.... I'm not so sure about this..."

Hank leaned over, whispering, "Cerci, we really want these guys on our side..."

Cerci sighed and said, "Well, your help would be greatly appreciated. Just don't expect anything spectacular in the way of favors."

"It's all good, girl. Nice to have someone like you helping us fine gentlemen." An out reached hand from Smooth Richard met the confused state of Cerci before she got what was happening and shook his hand. Richard sat back before continuing, "So, uh, d'you have a house or somethin'? I can get you some protection if you want. I mean, just in case somebody comes across your house..."

"I-I'm not so comfortable with that..."

Hank interjected with, "Cerci, there's not a lot you can really trust Smooth Richard with, but when he offers you protection."