1

I wouldn't exactly categorize myself as a slut, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a saint either.

I'm just a twenty four  year old woman who decided to go and party with her friends as a way to celebrate our graduation. I don't go around sleeping with every man with a pulse. So when I say that I got knocked up by a one night stand, I don't want you to automatically think I'm a whore, although I don't really care if you do, I just don't want that to be who you think of me as.

I've known something was wrong these last three weeks but I didn't think about it to much, I just shrugged it off as a bug. And then came the infamous late period and I knew I was screwed. And now I'm squatting in a gas station bathroom peeing on my fifth pregnancy test. No way in hell was I going to sit on these public toilets, I can get HIV from just looking at it let alone sit on it.

"Lia come out, you've been in there for like three hours." My best friend Vanessa groans from outside the bathroom door.

"I have not! And could you wait a moment, I'm doing something." I reply as I quickly wipe myself then wash my hands after setting the stick down next to the other four tests that all the stupid pink signs and plus symbols.

"Well could you hurry it up, we're going to miss the opening!" She whines.

"Okay, okay I'm coming!" I say when I'm reminded why we even came out here in the first place. There is a concert in Madison Square Garden that featured our favorite band and even though we live all the way in uptown New York, we decided to buy tickets and drive down here.

Unfortunately my throwing up finally caused me to admit that there was a slight chance that I could be pregnant so I told Vanessa that I needed to pee and snuck in the gas station to buy a few tests.

And none of them have proven me wrong, not even the one I'm currently staring at. I sigh once again before gathering the white sticks with a paper towel and throwing them away.

Great. I'm pregnant. And I don't even know who the father is.

Well I'm pretty sure I do, I just don't know how the heck I'm going to find him.

Why am I even thinking about this, I need to get this confirmed by a doctor before I go do something stupid like tell some guy I slept with one time that I was pregnant if I wasn't. For all I know these tests could all be wrong. Hardly, but you never know.

"Fine, I'm out, let's go." I say after stepping out of the bathroom. Vanessa rolls her eyes at me before stomping towards the car.

"You better hope there isn't any traffic."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay, what is up with you?" Vanessa exclaims, throwing down her magazine on the coffee table dramatically.

"What are you talking about?" I ask with a start.

"I tried to keep my mouth shut but you've been looking like you've seen a ghost all day. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about." I say as I walk to our small kitchen and gulp down the bottle of water I left on the counter. I'm not even thirsty, I just need something to occupy my mouth so I won't have to answer any of Vanessa's questions.

"Oh I think you do. And I think it has something to do with that doctors appointment you have today?"

I snap my head towards her? "What?"

"Oh don't play dumb, the receptionist called to remind you that it's today at four. So talk."

"Okay, but promise you won't freak?" I ask nervously even though I know Vanessa won't. She's done some pretty shameful things in her days that will make my getting knocked up by a one night stand look like a holy event.