26 change

"And here comes the rescue!" Niall laughed as he put down the coffee cup in front of Harry. They almost hadn't slept all night. Instead, they had talked about everything that had happened and they had enjoyed each other's company.

"Thanks!" Harry mumbled hoarsely, and he sat down more over the pillow. Yes, he had pain in the back, but he did everything possible not to show it. Niall giggled and he slid into the chair opposite to Harry.

"Talk about that I can get used to this."

Harry looked curiously up at him and he raised his eyebrows,

"Really?"

Niall nodded satisfied and he poured the tea into his own cup.

"Yes, this about to be two and share everything." He looked up at Harry's eyes. "And do things that you never thought possible."

Harry smiled wryly and he nodded tired.

"But that can't happen often?"

Niall saw at him that he didn't know how he would sit on the pillow. Niall hesitated.

"Perhaps...!"

The doorbell rang. Surprised, they looked at each other and Niall frowned.

"Are you expecting some one?"

Harry shook his head.

"And you?"

Niall shook his own head, and he was about to get up, but Harry was quick.

"I open!" he said firmly, and made a face as he stood up. "And you need to eat."

Niall chose to just smile. Harry slipped out into the hall and Niall heard the door opened. He heard vices and right as it was come Harry back.

"To you."

Niall looked up.

"Who?"

Harry frowned and he hesitated.

"Go out and see."

Niall went inquisitively into the hall, but he stopped standing in the middle of the floor. Harry seemed to hesitate whether he should stay or not. Bobby, Nialls father, took a small step through the door and Niall saw that he was unsure.

"I was just passing by."

Niall swallowed.

"Well, why?"

Bobby hesitated. He gave Harry a quick glance to make him leave them alone, then he looked at Niall again.

"I wanted to meet my son." he whispered hoarsely. "And I just want to mention that I am not like the rest of the family."

Niall was hesitant. Harry went back into the kitchen and Niall was unsure without his support.

"How do you mean?"

Bobby gulped and he looked down at his hands.

"I don't want to lose you." His voice trembled. "I don't want to wake up one day and realize that you aren't there."

Niall watched as he wiped away the first tear.

"But Greg and mom said..."

Bobby waved his hand to say he didn't want to know. He then looked up at Niall again.

"Please don't shut me out. I want to be there and for me it doesn't matter if you live with a guy or a girl."

Niall came up with a faint smile.

"So you like that I'm with Harry, I mean my boyfriend?"

Bobby had a smile on his lips and he nodded.

"Sure, why not?" he replied a little happier. "It's not the end of the world that you happen to be in love with a man?"

Niall couldn't hold back his emotions. He almost ran up to his own father and hugged him. They both started to cry, and the question was whether it was by luck or nervousness?

----

Harry stood at the grill and he followed Niall closely with his eyes. Bobby and Niall played football and there were no obstacles how to play. They dribbled and they laughed alternately. Harry smiled a little bit. He realized it was the first time in a long time that Niall was really happy, and Harry didn't take all the credit. It was a godsend that Bobby believed in them and that he stood behind their life choices.

Harry turned the pieces of meat around and he drank from the water bottle he held in his hand. He then looked back at Niall again. One thing was certain. Harry had never fallen for a guy like that before, as he fell for Niall. And he had never met a guy who was that perfect. Niall was perhaps uncertain a lot of times, and maybe he blinked several times before he did something, but when it came to the crunch, he was tough. Harry had got a wonderful moment in the room. It was the first time as he had been tied up like that and he had loved it. Niall had shown that even he could decide and do what he felt was right. Harry loved that part of Niall. He like guys who helped himself, yet he couldn't help but hope that Niall would still be a little shy sometimes. Harry loved even when Niall hesitated, and when he didn't know what he wanted to do. Maybe it was the mixture that made him unique?

"Is it done?"

Niall came panting up to the grill and after him was Bobby. Harry laughed a little.

"Soon!" he replied happily and then he looked at the sweat as was running on Nialls forehead. "You have time to shower if you want to? Bobby can go into the guest room?"

Niall nodded and he spun around toward his father.

"Did you hear?"

Bobby nodded, and he pulled off his shirt.

"But I have all my clothes at the hotel?"

Harry smiled at him.

"Niall can surely find something that suits in my closet?"

Niall was quick.

"I will be back." he ran in to find a change of clothes for Bobby.

Harry chose to smile at the older man and he knew that this was the only moment that he would get the chance to talk undisturbed.

"Thank you for standing up for your son." he said kindly and friendly. "Niall was devastated."

Bobby blushed a little bit and he was unsure what he would say.

"I must admit it took me a few days to realize the truth, but I didn't want to be like Mayra or like Greg. Niall is my son, and if he's happy, I'm happy."

Harry smiled big at him.

"I'm still grateful."

He laughed a little bit in response.

"Do you know one thing, Harry?" He looked straight into the green eyes. "Niall has always had problems with girls and I have always wondered why he can't find someone. But maybe it was because he was looking for you?"

Bobby didn't hugged Harry, because he was sweaty, but he put his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"I am grateful that you found my son and I see at him, he loves you. It doesn't matter if you happen to be a guy. I'm grateful that you take care of him."