6 The bet

Niall turned onto the parking lot, to the golf course, with the car. He immediately saw Harry, who was waiting for him. The memory was too fresh from the kiss and Niall felt almost stupid. He didn't know how he would be against Harry and indeed it was as if everything was changed. Okay, he looked forward to being with the dark-haired guy, but how?

"So, are you ready?"

Harry sounded happy when Niall opened the door. Niall nodded a little bit. Harry was wearing a baseball cap, a golf shirt and those pants as all golfers had. He was handsome and in fact, he looked like a pro. Niall laughed a little and he jumped out of the car.

"I guess I'm ready?"

Harry smiled wryly and he came up to him. The green eyes wanted eye contact, and he was excited.

"And if you see that I make a few mistakes, talk about it."

Niall chose to nod.

"Certainly!"

----

Niall stood at the first course and he felt so small. Harry was standing just behind him, and he seemed to follow all the movements as Niall did. Still, he tried to play cool, calm and himself. He pressed down a peg in the ground, and he took out a golf ball.

"You move like you're used to all this." he heard Harry say. Niall smiled a little bit and he looked quickly at him.

"I'm like all golfers?"

Harry smiled wryly and he looked straight at Niall.

"Are you?"

It was almost as if he challenged fate. Niall swallowed and he put the ball on top of the peg.

"Well, aren't you?"

Niall turned around to take a club from golf bag when he almost immediately went into Harry. The dark-haired guy had silently moved closer. Niall groaned and he lost the ability to do what he had planned. Harry put his head askew and he smiled sweetly at him.

"You're nervous?"

Niall swallowed. Damn, Harry always made sure to tell Niall that. It was as if he wanted to emphasize that Niall was as he was and Harry was proud of it.

"Yes, I don't know how good you are at golf...?" he got out hoarsely. Harry laughed a little, and he raised his hand. He put a finger under Nialls chin and he forced him to look into those green eyes.

"The winner will win a day to have control over the one as loos?"

Niall swallowed.

"Huh?"

Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Do you dare to bet?"

It was a challenge. Niall swallowed.

"You mean if I win...?"

Harry laughed a little bit.

"Am I totally within your power for one day."

Niall felt how desperately he wanted to win.

"Okay, I'm on."

Harry lowered his hand back to his side.

"And if I win.." he whispered dark. "Then you're mine for a whole day?"

Niall came up with a faint smile.

"If you win?" he replied safely. "I guess we have to play to see?"

----

Niall really struggled and he really tried, but he didn't get into the game. It was as if the ball didn't obey him, and it was almost hopeless. Harry however had some perfect hits on the ball and finally it was he who had a safe lead.