Z-Zing

This one shot relates to the popular kid's movie Hotel Transylvania. You don't have to watch the movie to read this one shot. I'll fill you in.
Mortal au

Will's P.O.V.

I walked through the dark nervously. Oh, it wasn't just the dark I was walking through. I was practically shuffling through the scary woods that seemed to be alive.
I heard a ghoulish scream and I picked up my pace. Groans followed it, like zombies were stalking their prey.
Gulping, I wondered if it was wise to follow up on this. My friend dared me to check out if a local town urban legend was real.
The tale was that there was a castle, hidden away in the woods. It was a hotel for monsters and for a human to get there was impossible.
Back then (precisely 2 hours and 18 minutes ago) I would have laughed.
Being my stubborn self, I agreed to the challenge. Now I'm walking in poison ivy in the middle of nowhere.
"Hello?" whispered a voice. I gasped, breathing heavily.
"Is someone there?" the voice sounded scared. It also sounded human.
"Show yourself!" I ordered shakily, yelling at the darkness. I got out my phone and activated the flashlight app.
"Ah!" it screamed. "Get that light out of my face!" I could see the speaker now. It was a bat.
"I'm losing my mind," I muttered. "How could a bat be talking?" Oddly, I wasn't freaking out.
"Because I'm not just a bat," he retorted. "I'm a vampire."
There was a spark of light, and I briefly saw a glimpse of a young man's eyes. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe.
He was beautiful.
His chocolate colored irises went purple. I knew mine turned that color too. Then a little sound rang into the night.
Zing.
The boy gasped.
I blacked out.

-------------------------------------------

Nico's P.O.V.

"Dad!" I pleased. "It's my 116 birthday. You have to let me go outside of the hotel!"
"Yeah, like that's going to happen," he snorted. Hades, my dad, was king of the vampires.
Sometimes he went by Dracula, but he prefers Hades.
I had been stuck in this hotel forever. My whole entire life had been lived inside of a hiding place for desperate monsters.
"I distinctly remember!" I exclaimed. "When I turned 110 you promised me-PROMISED ME-I could see the outside world."
"You really want to go?" my dad asked, setting down his tea.
Yeah, my dad was real scary. What other monster drinks tea at 8:00 PM?
"Yes, yes, yes!" I squealed.
"Fine," he sighed.
"Finally!" I breathed happily. I turned into a bat and swooped around the room in joy.
"But on one condition," my dad finished. I sighed. "You can go as far as the forest borders. I don't want you interacting with... Humans."
He gagged.
"Fine, fine," I rolled my eyes. "Still! I'm getting out of here! I mean, at least for a couple of hours."
"Be careful!" he yelled. But I was already gone and out the window.

---------------------------------------

An hour later, I dropped out of my bat form and trekked through the woods as a human. I didn't plan on following my dad's rules.
As soon as I got to the border of the woods, I wanted to go see some humans.
I'm a bad boy. What can I say?
But I soon stopped when I heard a rustle. The summer sun had set just 20 minutes ago, so if couldn't be a human.
At first I thought it was my dad spying on me. But it couldn't be. My dad wasn't stupid enough to be in human form away from the hotel.
It was something bigger than a bat but smaller than a monster.
I gulped.
"Hello?" I asked. "Is someone there?" I wasn't usually afraid. I'm a monster for heavens sake. But I had an odd feeling in my gut. Like something big was going to happen.
"Show yourself!" a young male squeaked. Oh no! I immediately turned into a bat, ready to fly away if needed.
My father had taught the monster society that all humans were bad. After what had happened to his wife-my mom-I wouldn't blame the guy.
Then a light shined on me, so bright, that I yelled out.
"Ah! Get that light out of my face!" I ordered, flapping my wings around blindly.
"I'm losing my mind," he tutted. "How could a bat be talking?" He didn't seem panicked. Weird.
But then I saw his face and I lost all my sense of worry, too.
"Because I'm not just a bat," I said slowly, going against two promises: Never to interact with humans. Never tell anyone you're a vampire. "I'm a vampire."
I turned into human form, and he saw me.
And then the thing that I had been waiting for ever since I got my fangs in happened.
We zinged.

----------------------------------------

When you zing, you fall in love. Your irises turn a magnificent purple and a little ZING rings into the night.
If you zing with somebody, you immediately are destined to be soulmates. You usually get married soon after.
But no monster has ever zinged with a human before.
I was freaking screwed.

-----------------------------------------

Will's P.O.V.

I awoke in a haunted house. Let me rephrase that. I awoke in what seemed like a haunted house.
There was a creepy chandelier hanging above my head. Shadows seemed to pop out of corners. I was laying in a simple and rickety bed.
And who was sleeping in a chair beside me?
Purple Iris boy. Who is apparently a vampire.
His hand was on mine. I screamed on instinct, which woke the boy up.
"What??" he yelled. "Are you okay, are you-" he stopped and stared at me. I stared back. He cleared his throat.
"Sorry," the boy squeaked. He removed his hand, turning a bright red.
"Where am I?" I asked. "Who are you?" I put my hand back on his, not realizing it. "Can you help me?"
My turn to blush.
"We zinged," he said after a moment of silence. "That's when you, um, meet your soulmate."
"What?" I gasped.
"Look, I know it's hard to take in, but you'll get used to me. I mean-"
"That's so flipping cool!" I exclaimed. "William Solace. Call me Will."
"Nico di Angelo. Call me..."
"Call you what?" I smirked, trying to get familiar with this really cute boy, who's apparently my soul mate.
"Call me boyfriend."

-------------------------------------------

I took a tour around Hotel Transylvania, as Nico called it, disguised as a monster. Soon, Hades learned I was a human.
He was angry, but he was happy that his only son had found his zing.
He told me his age: 116. I laughed, saying I was only 17.
I visited my friends and told them I would keep in touch. They didn't really question it.
Nico and I had our first kiss in the woods, where we met. Nico made the first move.
We got married when Nico was 124 and I, 25. It was a ceremony to remember. We adopted a little girl who was our pride and joy.
Still, to this day, I will never forget that zing. It was the most heart pounding, eye bugging, breath drawing thing I've ever experienced.
To my precious Nico, you are my zing.

-------------------------------------------

Nico's P.O.V.

To my amazing Will, you are my zing.

Wahhhhh!! I'm gonna start crying!! This is the last alphabet one shot. Le sniff. Stay tuned for one last chapter.