A-Apple

(AU in which Nico is 23 and Will 24)

"Will!" Nico whined. "I'm hungry!"
    Right now, Will was off work at the infirmary and Nico was spending time with his boyfriend.
    They were in the dining pavilion, Will reading The Hunger Games and Nico staring into Will's flitting eyes.
    At 23 years old, you would've thought that Nico could of got his own food.
    But no.
    Suddenly Will sighed. 
    "Ohmygods Peeta. That is so romantic." Nico rolled his eyes.
    "Did even hear what I said?" Nico said hopelessly.
    "Huh?" Will looked up from his book. "Did you say something?"
    "I said," the Hades boy emphasized. "I'm hungry." Will stuck his tongue out.
    "And you expect me to get it for you?"
    "Yes."
    "Well you're wrong." Will turned back to his book. Nico pretended to look offended.
    "Wrong? Me, Nico di Angelo, your loving boyfriend, wrong? I beg to differ, Solace," Nico smirked. "So are you going to go get me some food?"
    "Not until you agree to play Truth or Dare with me," Will snorted. Nico pretended to think it over.
    "Fine. I swear on the River Styx that I will play Truth or Dare with you..." Nico paused. "After you get me something to eat."
    "I can never win, can I?" Nico laughed as Will got up.
    Little did Nico know that Will was up to something.
    Will sashayed into the camp kitchen while Nico picked up The Hunger Games and read the backside.
Huh. Nico thought. This sounds like an interesting book. Maybe I'll read it.
     Suddenly, Will's voice rang into Nico's thoughts.
    "Hey di Angelo, catch!" Instinctively, Nico whipped his body towards Will's voice and brought his hands up for the catch.
Something red and round smacked in his hands.
An apple.
    "Thanks Solace," Nico called, biting into the apple. He bit something hard.
Campers near bye gawked.
Nico reached in his mouth and pulled out a ring.
He turned around and Will was on one knee.
"Well Death Boy? Will you marry me or am I gonna have to sit like this all day?"
A tear streaked down Nico's cheek as he ran to his Sunshine and hugged him.
Engagement ring clutched in his palm, Nico sobbed out,
"Yes. Yes yes yes yes!"
Will picked him up and swooped him around. After a while, he put Nico down and unraveled his hands, taking out the ring.
Slipping it on Nico's bare ring finger, both boys kissed.
"I love you Will."
"I love you more."
"Will..."
"Fine, but you know that you're still playing that game of Truth or Dare, right?"
"I don't mind, as long as I'm with you."