D-Dinner (Meet Will's Parents)

Will's P.O.V.

    "Nico calm down! It's only dinner!" I said, exasperated.
    "But what if they don't like me? What if I mess up? What if-?"
    "They will like you. And you won't mess up as long as we're together," I said, hugging my boyfriend.
    "Okay. Okay," Nico replied, breathing in and out.
    "I assure you. My mom and stepdad will adore you," I ruffled Nico's hair, and opened the passenger side of my car. He hopped in, and smiled at me.
   Don't worry. I told myself. It'll be fine.

------------------20 minutes later----------------

     When we finally arrived, I opened the passenger door for Neeks.
    I was about to knock on my mom and stepdad's door, when Nico stopped me.
    "Does your mom and stepdad know that you're, you know, gay?"
    My smile didn't falter.
    "Nope!"
    "Wait, what?" Too late. I had already knocked.
    "Will! Why didn't you tell them?" Nico hissed.
    "It'll be a surprise! Besides, my mom won't mind." As if on cue, my mother opened the door.
    "Ohmygods my little Will!" The screen door flew open and she embraced me in a hug. I saw Nico standing at the side awkwardly.
    "Mom, I'm not that little anymore. I'm 18," I said laughing.
    "Good gods, 18 already," my mom smiled and pulled back, tracing her hand on my arm.
    "Oh, and who's this?" My mom looked at Nico, smiling.
    Nico blushed crimson.
    "Nico di Angelo, Mrs..."
    "Mrs. Morris, but please call me Karen." My mom said. "Well Will, would you and your friend come in and have dinner with your stepdad and I? We were planning to eat out, do you mind?"
    "Not at all mom," I replied.
    Nico blushed even more at the word 'friend.' 
    I took my boyfriend's arm and sashayed into the house, where I grew up.
    Already seated in a chair, Mr. Morris beamed when he saw me and Nico.
    "Well isn't it Will, my favorite stepson," he announced. "And you brought a friend."
    "Well actually." I sat down, and my mother and Nico followed.
    "We're not friends."
    My mother's smile faltered.
    "Did you get into a fight? Oh no, Nico, did my son hurt you? Bully you?"
    Gods. Really mom? How embarrassing.
    "Nico, please explain," Mr. Morris said gently.
    Nico squeezed my hand under the table.
    "Well actually Mr. and Mrs. Morris, we're dating."
    "Well isn't that exciting!" Mrs. Morris clapped her hands and Mr. Morris smiled widely.
    "This is something to celebrate! I'll run out and get some Arby's and cake!" Mr. Morris grabbed a set of keys and hurried out the door.
    "See? Didn't I tell you everything would go fine?" I smiled and Nico put his head on my shoulder as my mother snapped a pic.