U-Umbrella

Mortal 20 year old au

Nico's P.O.V.

   Shoot, I thought as the rain started pouring down. Should of brought an umbrella.
    I gritted my teeth and dove to the nearest shelter: Starbucks. A boy was cleaning the windows, unfazed by the rain.
    I took off my coat, and draped it across my arm.
    "Excuse me," the boy said, interrupting my silent cursing for the rain. "We're closed. I was just about to lock up shop when you came in."
    "What?" I cried. "Please let me stay for 5 seconds! I rode my bike to work, it got stolen and now it's pouring rain."
    The guy shook his head.
    "Sorry man, no exceptions."
    I huffed. "Can't you help a guy out?" Before I knew it, I was crying, with the guy apologizing and asking me to tell him what's wrong.
    "My sis-sister died 11 years ago today. I had a fight with my boyfriend before work. He abused me and raped me, if a guy can get raped," I sobbed, brushing tears out of my eyes.
    "I was late to work, with bruises all over my body. My boss took one look at me, hair rumpled, eyes red and he demoted me. I'm on bus boy duty."
    I wailed into the dude's arms. He hugged me in response, soothing me. I took a ragged breath carefully and pulled away.
    "Sorry," I muttered. I pulled my coat on. "I should go. My boyfriend's waiting for me."
    "Back to your boyfriend?" the boy tutted. "No, I won't allow it."
    "You barely know me. You can't force me to do anything."
    "You're right," he admitted. "But I know that you don't want to go back to him."
    "I know!" I wailed. "I don't want to go back! He hurts me and calls me names. He uses me for my body."
    "Do you want to come home with me?" he suddenly asked. I didn't hesitate.
    "Yes. Yes, yes. Thank you," I whispered. I hugged him and he hugged back.
    He brushed himself off.
    "I'm Will, by the way. Will Solace," he smiled, extending his hand.
    "Nico di Angelo," I said, taking it.
    "Come on," Will replied. "Nico." He took an umbrella from behind the counter and opened it. Will swung open the door and took my wrist.
    "My house is this way," Will said. He put the umbrella over me, a few droplets sprinkling on him, but he didn't seem to mind.
    "Thank you," I said sincerely.
    "No problem," grinned Will, swinging the umbrella to the beat of the rain.