26 - Until Next Time

Last week, Last day - Friday

Gabriel woke up with Sam in his arms. He didn't move or try to wake anyone else. He only held Sam tighter.

Cas woke up next but also didn't move. Sam and Dean eventually woke up too, but no one made any move to actually get out of bed.

"You can't avoid this," Cas said quietly to Dean. Dean ignored him. Cas sighed and rolled over to face Dean. "Dean. No one here wants this to happen. But what's going to happen if you don't go?"

"I don't care," Dean said, looking at Cas with wide, scared eyes.

"He's right," Sam said quietly. "Dad won't be happy. You know how he'll react to this. Same way he did with mom. He'll think something's happened to us."

"But..." Dean said, letting his voice trail off. He sighed. "You're right. We can't leave him like that."

The four of them looked up suddenly as the door to the room opened. Michael stepped in, looking at them all with sympathy.

"You're going to have to leave soon," Michael said. "It's a long drive right?"

"Yeah," Dean said quietly. "Yeah it is." He sat up, looking sadly down at Cas. Cas just sat up beside him and pulled him into a kiss.

"Gabe?" Sam said, looking at where Gabe was burying his face against Sam. Gabe just shook his head slightly, and Sam could feel him shaking. "Hey come on...it's not forever. We'll find you guys again."

"You can't promise that," Gabe said, moving slightly to look at Sam with wide, vulnerable eyes.

"Gabe come on," Sam said. "I swear okay. I swear I'll find you again. No matter how hard it is, or how long it takes." Gabe just choked back a sound and leaned his head against Sam's.

The four of them got up and out of bed while Michael and Lucifer lingered around. The older two were watching their brothers with concern, seeing how none of them were really dealing well.

"We'll be able to find them again," Michael said to Lucifer. "Right? I mean you did this year."

"Only because of Dean," Luci said. "Their dad said until Dean's too old to go. This is the last year."

"You're satan, can't you do anything?" Michael asked.

"Even I have limits," Luci replied. Michael just sighed, leaning his head onto Luci's shoulder.

Dean and Cas walked out of the cabin first, Dean carrying his bag and holding Cas's hand. They weren't saying anything, but how tightly they were holding on to each other said everything.

Sam and Gabe were still in the cabin. Gabe was trying a little harder not to let Sam go.

"Come on Samantha," he said. "Just...stay with us. Our family won't care about having an extra person."

"Gabe you know I can't," Sam said, trying to pull his bag from where Gabe was holding it protectively. Gabe moved the bag away from Sam's reach.

"Come on at least try," Gabe said. "You're not even trying to stay..."

"Because I know it's hopeless," Sam said. "Gabe, let's not end this on an argument okay? You're going to have to let me go."

Gabe looked at Sam with this look of such helplessness and fear, Sam's heart almost broke at the sight.

"Okay," Gabe said finally. He didn't sound happy about it, and he was avoiding eye contact. "Okay. But you swore. And I'll hold you to that for as long as I live."

Sam smiled softly. "I'm counting on it," he replied. Gabe gave him a sad smile, before picking up Sam's bag.

"I'm carrying this because I'm a nice person like that," he said and Sam chuckled. They walked out the door of the cabin to where everyone else was waiting.