25 - Last Goodnight

Last week, Day 25 of 26 - Thursday

Thursday. Their last full day.

The air around them was full of unspoken sadness in the morning as they all woke up. Sam and Dean both had to start packing up their stuff, seeing as they didn't want to spend their last few hours with their boyfriends packing.

"You barely brought anything," Cas said, holding one of Dean's shirts as Dean tried to stuff everything back into his bag. "It's been a month. How many times have you worn the same shirt?"

"Do you really want me to answer that Cas?" Dean said, grabbing the shirt from Cas and tossing it into the bag.

"Probably not," Cas said, leaning back against the bed. He was sitting on the floor beside Dean's bag.

Dean threw in the last few things lying around and looked at the bag triumphantly.

"Dean, you have to close the bag."

"Shhhh no I don't."

"Everything will fall out."

"Don't use logic on me."

"But logic is...logic."

"Such a creative response there."

"Shut up I'm great."

"Yeah...yeah you are." Dean smiled softly at Cas, a loving look in his eyes. Cas smiled before reaching over to grab Dean, pulling him back to him and kissing him. Dean let Cas drag him over there, moving a hand up to thread through Cas's hair and the other resting on his hip.

"I'll miss this," Dean said as he pulled away briefly before kissing Cas softly again.

"You say that like there's no chance of it happening again," Cas said. Dean sighed and pulled away.

"I just..." Dean said. "I don't know Cas."

"You're scared," Cas noted. "You don't want to lose me but you're afraid that you've got no choice. I can still read you Dean."

Dean smiled. "Saves me having to talk about my feelings."

"Perfect match," Cas said, smiling. He pressed a soft kiss to Dean's lips before moving over to the unzipped bag on the floor. "Now, help me with this?"

"This won't work," Dean said. "I would've actually have had to make it neat for it to close."

"Then why didn't you?"

"Dude. Have you met me?"

"No. We've been staying in the same room for a month and you're my boyfriend, but I haven't met you."

"Don't you sass me."

"Just coz you can't handle the sass."

Dean gave Cas a playful glare before getting a mischievous look. Cas barely had any warning before Dean jumped over and started tickling Cas's sides. Cas yelped and fell onto his back, Dean climbing on top of him to keep tickling him.

"Dean stop!" Cas tried to say while laughing.

"That's what you get for sassing me!" Dean said, laughing as Cas tried to push him away. Cas suddenly pulled Dean down into a kiss, which abruptly stopped Dean from tickling him. Cas took that opportunity to push Dean off and get a safe distance away.

Dean gave Cas a betrayed look. "How could you do this to me?"

"Quite easily," Cas said. "All I had to do was—" Dean glared at him and Cas just started laughing.

Meanwhile, in the other room. Gabriel was helping Sam pack. But it's Gabriel, so he wasn't really helping at all.

"You know this would go a lot faster if you didn't take out everything I put in there in the first place," Sam said, looking at Gabriel who was going through his stuff.