2 - Get to Know Each Other

Sam sat on the edge of the pier, looking out over the lake. He'd walked around the camp for a bit, mapping it out in his mind. There were activities around the place, fences marking the edges of the camp. And a beautiful lake.

"Sammy, found you."

Sam looked up to see Dean there.

"You're gonna miss dinner," Dean said. "Hurry up and get over there."

"I thought they said they'd call," Sam said.

"They did, but you can't here it from all the way down here," Dean said. "I figured you'd be here when I didn't see you there."

"You didn't come and get me straight away?"

"Dude I was hungry. And they had pie. Lucifer knows how to bribe me."

Sam just rolled his eyes and stood up, walking back along the pier. Dean ruffled his hair as he went along and Sam shoved him away.

"Jerk," Sam muttered.

"Bitch," Dean replied, laughing.

Sam walked up to the main hall, where there were still some people eating. Lucifer and Gabriel were there, the only people Sam recognized. Gabriel saw him come in and ran over to him.

"I see Dean found you then," Gabriel said. "Wouldn't want you to starve now would we?" Sam said nothing but Gabriel just smiled at him, steering him over to where they were serving food.

Sam got the food, which was just some sort of pasta or something, the author doesn't know foods well. He sat at a table, and Gabriel followed, sitting beside him.

"You don't have to stay with me," Sam said quietly.

"So I should leave you here all on your own?" Gabriel asked. "Yeah, great person that makes me."

Sam didn't say anything, just continued to eat his dinner. Gabriel looked around the room, finding interest in inspecting the other people.

"See the stuck up British guy over there?" Gabriel said to Sam, pointing at someone.

"How do you know he's stuck up?" Sam asked. "Or British?"

"Look at the way he's standing," Gabe said. "That's totally stuck up. And the way he pushes the other people around. And I dunno, he's seems the British sort. Anyway, how do you think he'd like a spider in his bed? One of those massive tarantulas?"

Sam just looked at Gabriel with wide eyes.

"Don't go jumping to conclusions kiddo," Gabriel said. "I'm not a bully or anything. I'm a trickster. Well, I'm The Trickster. It's kinda my thing."

Sam almost smiled at that.

"How many people do you think I could prank until they realize it's me?" Gabe asked.

"Depends," Sam said. "Are you good at what you do?"

"Oh I'm the best there is," Gabe said with his signature smirk.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room.

"Told you they'd be adorable," Lucifer said to Michael.

"I mean, sure they are, but how the hell did you know that?" Michael asked.

"I'm Satan. I know everything."

"Is there going to be a single chapter without a Satan joke in this book?"

"Probably not."

~~

And now, magically night time back at their cabin.