Winterjou Fanfiction

Kinkajou POV

Kinkajou flew around the rainforest. She was only in her dreams but it felt so realistic with all her friends there. She landed next to them on a branch as they all smiled. She looked over at Winter, like she always did, and saw that he was smiling too. I'm happy for him. He never smiles.

Kinkajou then woke up to the sounds of birds as well as her friends. She almost wanted to go back in her dream to experience it again but got up knowing her friends and herself had a big day ahead of them. They all were traveling to find Hailstorm after their encounter with Icicle. Kinkajou hadn't even processed the fact how she almost died from her. I'm glad Winter isn't like that, I think at least...

Winter POV

Annoying birds. Have to wake me up to reality where I realize I'm a disgrace to my family. Just leave me in my sleep where I actually feel like I belong. Winter woke up extremely unhappy and even more than usual. He looked around him and saw how Kinkajou was the only one actually awake while the others were still all drowsy. Loud, color-changing freak thought Winter. He never knew why he always was mean to Kinkajou but it felt good to get his anger off on someone. He knew though, she actually didn't deserve it knowing what she had gone through.

Before the war had ended, the Nightwings captured Kinkajou and many other Rainwings and studied their venom. She was held prisoner for the longest time until Glory had stepped up to queen and saved all the Rainwings. It's kind've how Hailstorm is right now. Being held captive and doing whatever Scarlet wants him to do.

"Hey Winter," called Kinkajou as she flapped over next to him.

Ugh. I don't want to talk. "Hi," simply responded Winter. Why does she even bother trying to be nice to everyone. Even the weird dragons. She's nice to the Nightwings too. They held her captive. I'm mean to them and they stole our animus. Well, mean to some of them.

Kinkajou POV

He looks mad today. Oh well, I'll try to be nice! thought Kinkajou.

"Did the birds wake you up too?" Kinkajou asked Winter. There was a pause for awhile like Winter didn't know what to say.

"I guess," Winter finally spoke.

"Good dreams?" Kinkajou added still trying to be friendly.

"No," uttered Winter.

This is really awkward. Come on Kinkajou, keep trying. It's just a conversation, but with your possible crush she told herself.

"That's too bad. Well, my dream was about all of us in the rainforest and we were just hanging out, having fun. We all looked so happy and you were the same too. I can't wait until we find your brother so we can go back to the rainforest and make that everyday!" exclaimed Kinkajou.

It looked like Winter had rolled his eyes and was almost disgusted at what she said but she didn't have any more time to keep talking. They had to keep moving in search of Hailstorm.

All the dragonets finally got up and they started flying away. They had first come upon the Talons of Peace and was then joined with a Skywing, Pyrite, to help them find Hailstorm. She seemed nice but was a bit jumpy. Kinkajou didn't mind though. She didn't deserve to be treated differently just because she was a bit odd.

After a ways of flying throughout the whole day, the dragonets landed to rest for the night. Kinkajou actually couldn't wait to go to sleep hoping to see the rainforest dream again. She drifted off to sleep and soon everyone else did too.

Winter POV

It was still night and Winter was flying with Qibli and Moon to try and find Queen Scarlet. Queen Scarlet had dream visited him which means she had saw him sometime that day. The three dragonets had then decided to search for her and were now flying around mountains waiting for any sign of a queen.

"She's up there with another dragon," whispered Moon. Her mind reading skills were becoming very useful in finding Hailstorm.

They all listened for awhile up to the point where the other dragon, a Nightwing, jumped off the edge, flying to find Pyrite, their Skywing friend who was showing them the way to Scarlet.

They all exchanged glances at what had just happened. They stood frozen on the mountain cliff for awhile until Qibli spoke up.

"We have to get to Pyrite before that Nightwing does. We don't know what they're up to," stated Qibli.

They had all jumped off the edge and flew as fast as they could and as silent as they could to their camp. It then occurred to Winter that Kinkajou was in danger too. She's left with Pyrite and soon the Nightwing will come too. We need to hurry thought Winter. He didn't know why that would make him speed up but it just did.

He burst out in front of the other dragonets and was at Kinkajou's side in an instant. She screamed as he landed with a thud and shortly did Qibli and Moon. They had then tried to explain what had happened but a giant Nightwing zoomed in. He lunged for Kinkajou and she was flung against a tree.

"No!" screamed Winter in and outside of his head. The other dragonets now all got into a battle and the Nightwing was left with flames and ice breath all over him. He flapped away miserably and Winter then instantly turned to Kinkajou.

Kinkajou POV

Ow, that hurt. I don't even know what's happening. Winter and the others had just dropped in while Pyrite and I were sleeping. And then, I was attacked? Kinkajou was beginning to pass out. She couldn't move even if she wanted to help. She looked up at Winter as he blasted the Nightwing in the face. You get him shiny scales. Around her, it was getting darker and darker and Kinkajou could feel cold coming up near her. Am I dying? No, it must be...Winter. Wait, why does he want to see if I'm ok? Does he care about me? Kinkajou then tried to change her scales like Winter's as she soon passed out.

Told you people I'd post the Winterjou Fanfiction! It's actually pretty long too to make up for not posting last week. Not sure what to post next but I'll think of something! Thanks for the views and such and don't forget to comment! Btw (by the way), the educational story thing I made has a post already so you might want to check it out! The book is called School Essays/Research (so creative) if you wanted to know. The post is about frogs! :) Ribbit.