Part Seventeen

Chris was bigger than Ace. Bigger and younger. "Chris," I whispered in his ear, "Chris calm down. Chris please. Listen to me." Chris kissed me, "Kandy I've been patronized by Ace my whole life. Right now he's offering a fair fight. I'm bigger than him. And he disrespected you. I won't have that." Ace was already outside waiting for Chris. Chris got up and walked out. I looked at Gordie. "Guys," Gordie said, "we better go out there to make sure Ace is going to fight fair." The three ran outside. I tagged behind them. "Shit." I thought to myself, "Why do I open my big ass mouth." By the time I got out there the fight was in full effect. Gordie, Vern, and Teddy were all yelling. Eyeball was just standing back with a smug look on his face. I don't really remember what happened next because I was a huge mix of emotions. All I knew was Chris won the fight and Ace and Eyeball never bothered us again. Chris walked up to us with a bloody nose and a black eye. I hugged him. "YOU FUCKING DID IT CHRIS!" Teddy yelled. There was so much excitement within the four boys that it was adorable. Chris had settled a grudge that had been around for ages. He put his arm around me and smiled. "Let's get outta here guys." He said. Gordie patted him on the back. "Teddy do you have any cigarettes?" Chris asked. Teddy nodded and gave him one. He put it to his lips and lit it up. That image of Chris has never left my mind. He looked like such a rebel, bruised, bloody, and smoking. In my mind Chris will forever be eighteen and angelic, with a hint of rebel in his eyes. I think that's why I was so drawn to him. I think that's why everyone was. I took his hand in mine as we all walked off. The boys celebrating their new found victory.