Part Ten

"Dear Kandy, these past two months have been the greatest two months of my life. There's been something I've been wanting to ask you but, I think I should tell you this first. I love you. I love you with all my heart. I wish I knew how to let those words flow out loud because you deserve to hear them. I wasn't really taught how to love. I always saw my father beating on my mother so I don't really know how you're supposed to show affection. I don't know if I'm doing too much or too little. I just know I'm trying my best to be what you deserve. Usually I'm pretty brave and all but, anytime I go to tell you I love you the words get stuck and I get scared you'll think I'm dumb, or corny, or something. But I love you. I really really do. Love, Chris Chambers"
This brought happy tears to my eyes. Chris was so beautiful. Way more beautiful than he gave himself credit for. I sat down at my desk and wiped a tear from my cheek smiling. "What have you got there Ms. Stonewall?" I heard Mr. Clarks snide voice ask. "Uh... A letter from Chris." I said hoping he wouldn't take it away from me. He just shook his head, "You're throwing your life away." I rolled my eyes and slumped down in my chair. Throughout my next classes all I could think about was how I was going to tell Chris that I loved him. I played it all through in my head a million times. Finally the lunch bell rang. It was time.