Part One

I met my husband when I was fourteen years old. He was eighteen. It was 1965, my first day ever of his school and his last first day of high school.
I was standing at my locker trying to figure out how in the hell to open it. I tried everything and it would not open.
"Do you need any help with that?" I heard a genuine voice ask. I turned around to see a beautiful blonde boy standing there. I could feel my face turn bright red and my ears get hot, "uhh... Yes please, sorry I just... I uhh..." I said sounding like an idiot. He smiled and slightly giggled, "I get you haha. I had this locker my freshman year. It's super touchy. It doesn't like to open." He said as he started working on the locker.
"But don't worry. My locker is right here next to yours and I'm happy to help you open it up anytime it sticks." He said with a smile. "Thanks," I said looking at the ground, "I'm Kandy." I heard the locker open up. "I'm Chris," he said with a smile, "you look like you need a friend." He said takin my books outta my hands and putting them in my locker for me. I was fairly new to Castlerock and didn't know anyone yet.
He closed the locker, "Common I'll show you around. What's your first class?" He said as he put his arm around my shoulders. "Uhh... Mr. Clark... Geometry I think?" I said fumbling in my bag for my schedule. "Oh ok I know where that is. That's a rough one... Mr. Clark doesn't like me too much but I'll walk you to class." He said with a smile. His smile was beautiful. Big and bright. It lit up his whole face. His eyes were a beautiful blue green color. They reminded me of the sea.
He began to ask me questions as we walked down the hall. The usual "Where are you from?", "What grade are you in?", "What's your favorite book?" Type questions, but he seemed like he sincerely cared about my answers.
When we got to the class room door he took his arm off my shoulders, "will you meet me for lunch?"
"Sure." I said glad to have someone to sit with so I wouldn't have to lone it. He smiled, "Great! Meet you at the lockers?" I smiled and nodded. The whole time I noticed my teacher was starring at us, but I didn't think anything of it.