Part Fifteen

"Chris," I paused, "Chris are you still awake...?" I was wrapped in his arms. We spent the whole day together and now we were spending the night in the tree house. "Kinda," he said in a sleepy voice, "why?" I sat up. He sat up too looking concerned,"Kandy what's wrong?" I took his hand, "Chris I want you to go to California." He shook his head, "No fuck California! What the hell are you talking about? I'm staying right here in Castlerock with you!" I squeezed his hand tighter. "No Chris. I want you to go to California, and I'm gonna go with you." I said. He looked at me like I was crazy, "Kandy you can't go to California. You have a family. You have to finish school..." I cut him off with a kiss. "I have family in California too Chris. Sure they aren't blood related but sometimes the family you pick is better than the family you're born to." I paused, "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb." I said sounding like a looney. "Kandy your family is amazing." Chris said confused. "Right Chris I know they're a good family. But I have a family that I've made all of my own and I have you. Chris I could loose everything but you and I'd be perfectly ok. You need to get out of Castlerock. We are going to  California. Then we could start our life. Our family. Chris it'll be perfect.  A couple more months till you graduate then we can run off to California. What a dream right?" Chris kissed me again, "I know it's wrong. I know I shouldn't take you away from your family like that...but is that what you really want? Would you really do that for me?" I settled us back down in a laying down position. "I'd do anything for you." I said kissing his bare chest. He kissed the top of my head, "Ok... In June... We are bound for California."